Universal Cally's Caves 2 (by Jordan Pearson)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 30, 2014.

1. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Np. Btw, there was another update, but the GC bug is still there.

Still a good game imo.

2. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Hey guys, I am still working on fixing the GC bug. I'm really sorry that has been affecting you for this long! Truth be told, our team is myself, the coder, and 0HK0, the artist, and all of the responsibility for bugs and putting out updates for the games falls solely on my shoulders. We did just release our second update with an attempted fix for the GC bug, but it is still happening to people. I will keep working on it and hopefully get another update out in the next week, because we need to get this GC bug squashed for CC3 as well.

I wanted to thank you for putting up with it in the meantime, and even just trying our game in general, as I said, we are two dudes, who make games for fun and put them out for free, every single person that plays it and gives us feedback (especially on the bugs) means the world to us.
    Thanks and you should see another update soon!
    Jordan

3. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Update 1.3.0 Submitted

Hey again everyone,
    I just wanted to update again, we just submitted update 1.3.0 for Cally's Caves 2, with the Gamecenter bug fix. It's working 100% of the time here in our testing environment, but we will wait until its out in the wild to be sure. For anyone new downloading 1.3.0, achievements will only pop up once. For anyone updating their Cally's Caves 2, it will likely run through all the achievements one last time, and then they will never pop up again. Again we are really sorry we didn't address this sooner, but hopefully this will fix it for good! The 1.3.0 update should come out in the next week at some point, please let us know if it fixes the bug for you.
    Thanks everyone for the helpful feedback,
    Jordan

4. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Ok version 1.3.0 is out with the Gamecenter Achievement fix! Let me know if you still have problems,
    Jordan

5. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    #125 pinOi32, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    The GC bug is finally gone after the newest update.

At 1st, I thought it was still there when the game 1st loaded because they do show up once the game starts. But after switching to another level on the map, they no longer show!

Now the game is a lot better than before because now you don't have to deal with those annoying GC pop ups at the beginning of every level now. ;)

6. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Yeah that's just the game going through them all one last time before saying goodbye forever!! Awesome, we are so happy to hear the glitch is fixed for you. Thanks for your patience and letting us know it worked :D
    Jordan

7. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Update 1.4.0 out now

Hey everyone, our latest update is out more bug fixes! including fixing the invisible blocks in zone 2 of version 1.3.0.

8. Wilkes Booth

Wilkes Booth New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    love this game! its quite an addictive platformer... good level of difficulty (the bats keep getting me, lol). will definitely go back and play the first one afterwards... great job, and thanks for the free download.

9. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Hey, thanks for playing! We are just starting beta testing CC3 so you'll be seeing some new stuff soon. In the meantime, we did a playthrough of some testing if you want to see what its going to look like:

10. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Are you beta testing in house? Or looking for beta testers?

I love 1 and 2!

11. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks for playing 1 and 2, we'll never get sick of seeing comments like that on the TA forums :D In case you missed it, Carter Dotson posted our video on the main site: http://toucharcade.com/2015/04/22/want-to-see-callys-caves-3-footage/ which was totally awesome, thanks for posting it!
    Regarding beta testing, we are having a relatively small test flight beta, starting on May 1st, we'd obviously appreciate the TA community's feedback, as this thread has helped us shape Cally's Caves 3 a lot. If you are interested in playing and willing to tell us what you liked/hated about it, and also be prepared for possible glitches or broken balancing over the course of May, PM me your email and I will add you to the list! Thanks again for the interest Lavendar :)
    Jordan

12. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Hey Everyone!
    Time to revive this long-dead thread to let you know that we just released a HUGE 2.0 Update for Cally's Caves 2. Some of the fixes and improvements:
    MASSIVE 2.0 UPDATE
    - Enemies drop more stuff
    - Movement engine from Cally's Caves 3 implemented
    - Enemies won't spam Cally with hits
    - Fixed and modified all bosses
    - Many enemy behaviors altered and improved
    - increased smoothness and easier game experience
    - more coins drop faster
    - increased enemy count
    - visual indicators for the parry/enemy hits
    - Fixed collision bugs with many of the enemy types
    - Fixed Herbert's Boss Behaviors so he doesn't one-shot Cally
    - fixed bugs that would cause enemies and chests to cover the UI
    - Fixed several animation glitches that caused Cally to appear glitchy

Thanks to everyone who has supported our games here in the TA community, we look forward to posting about our net game in "Upcoming games" soon :D

13. Unseen Studios

Unseen Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    #133 Unseen Studios, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    First time playing this after the front page article.

Ran into 2 bugs in the first 15 seconds. Images attached.

Bug 1:

Starting the game and running left into the house. Double jump as far left as possible and get stuck in the air forever.

Bug 2:
    After Bug 1 I went to erase data, hoping to start again and got a rather nasty error message followed by an app crash.

Doesn't fill me with hope for the rest of the game to be honest.

Attached Files:

14. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Hmm sorry about the bug, we are looking into it and will patch!

15. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    #135 ZS77, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    Bug!

@ jordanfwc

Hi, I’ve just PM’d you about a possible bug with CC2 on iPhone 8+ with iOS 11.0

I’m unable to accumulate coins despite picking them up. Each one just gives me ‘+0’ when I collect them. I’ve bought the IAP, so hoping I’ve not wasted my money?! :confused:

Edit: Please ignore me - deleted the game and reinstalled, everything working fine now! ��

16. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Installed 2 and 3 because 4 is so good.