Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-02-2014, 11:06 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
Well that was fun while it lasted, which wasn't too long.
I'm now on Level 29 and you only have two lives. You're tasked with cracking three eggs which are perched on a few pegs.
Each egg requires three hits, but one peg being hit drops the egg, which equals a loss (unless you're lucky enough to have it land in your basket, or buy an egg catcher for real money, of course).
Those two lives, unless you get extremely lucky, will be gone within 30 seconds max.

Each new life takes 20 minutes to fill. So now I can play for 15 seconds or so every 20 minutes.

Too bad. The gameplay is classic peggle, which is simply awesome. This could not only be a 5 star game, but could be better than the original Peggle. It felt like a goty candidate while I got to enjoy it.
I would have gladly paid $5 for Peggle 2, or to remove the timers in this one.

Meh. Guess I'll reinstall Peggle, and hope enough people give it low ratings and we get better balance I a future update.

For now I will day this is a 3/5 game with a ton of potential.
If you're a Peggle fan like myself, I say go ahead and enjoy the first two worlds for free, just don't get your hopes too high.
Don't shoot at the pegs! Shoot at the eggs and try to get the three hits on them. I beat the level on my second try.

Also, I have 6 lives. I love the game so far. Waiting 6 hours to get past the level lock after 30 (like in Candy Crush), but that's not that long in the grand scheme.

Try it. The game is solid and plays really well. Not junk like Super Monkey Ball Bounce.

Last edited by Jerutix; 12-02-2014 at 11:11 PM..
Old 12-03-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerutix View Post
Don't shoot at the pegs! Shoot at the eggs and try to get the three hits on them. I beat the level on my second try.

Also, I have 6 lives. I love the game so far. Waiting 6 hours to get past the level lock after 30 (like in Candy Crush), but that's not that long in the grand scheme.

Try it. The game is solid and plays really well. Not junk like Super Monkey Ball Bounce.
I have been shooting at the eggs, obviously. But the eggs require three hits each, and one peg being hit by an uncontrollable bounce (after hitting the egg) and the egg is broken.

I'm a Peggle veteran. This level is designed to make us spend money on consumables. A life, a single freaking life which will be gone in 15 seconds, costs $1. You can buy the entire Peggle Classic game for $1.

I, for one, am out.

I'm not bashing Peggle or popcap. If you are interested in this then I suggest buying Peggle classic. It's only $1 right now, and it's one of the best games on the App Store.

Good luck

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 12-03-2014 at 07:43 AM..
Old 12-03-2014, 09:28 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
I have been shooting at the eggs, obviously. But the eggs require three hits each, and one peg being hit by an uncontrollable bounce (after hitting the egg) and the egg is broken.

I'm a Peggle veteran. This level is designed to make us spend money on consumables. A life, a single freaking life which will be gone in 15 seconds, costs $1. You can buy the entire Peggle Classic game for $1.

I, for one, am out.

I'm not bashing Peggle or popcap. If you are interested in this then I suggest buying Peggle classic. It's only $1 right now, and it's one of the best games on the App Store.

Good luck
Here is a tip for level lock and waiting however many hours it asks...When you get to a point in the game where you want to move on to the next level unlock and you see a timer, double tap the home button on your ipad/iphone and go to your general settings, and uncheck the automatic clock time settings and do it manually. Adjust the time to however many hours forward necessary for the unlock, I do one full day ahead to be safe...then double tap the home button and switch back into your game and the timer should *PooF* disappear...you can use this on Soda Crush too...I have been playing through in a breeze!

I realize this is a bug but until it gets finished I'm plowing through the game!

Update: this works with lives too. I didn't realize I had lived until level 38 so annoying!

Last edited by JMarceLF; 12-04-2014 at 12:53 AM..
Old 12-05-2014, 12:07 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I know a lot of you have written this off already, but I'm at level 55 and still really enjoying it. Haven't spent any money. In some ways, I like the challenge of beating a level without power ups that is trying to convince me to buy them. Same thrill I get when playing King games. I don't think I've played any level (so far) as many times as I had to play some in the original Peggle to beat them. I don't know, I just really love Peggle, and I legitimately think this is a great game.

Also, and the real reason for this post, you can replay old levels as many times as you want without using up lives. Lives only matter for the newest level. Anything you've beaten once you can play over and over. That's great, because I can work on three starring levels whenever I run out of lives.

Edit: OMG! And you can switch which Peggle Master you play as when you replay levels! Of course, only the Master's you've unlocked. This game keeps getting better!!!

Last edited by Jerutix; 12-05-2014 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: OMG
Old 12-05-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchmint View Post
What? They stole papa pear sagas sweet idea. How could they do this to the beloved King devs.

/trollsarcasm off

Always loved peggle games. One of the first games I beat on ios very cool to see.
You do have a point there. King ruined Peggle long before Popcap(EA) had a chance to. Glad to see EA live down to expectations.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:10 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I apologize to all of you. This game is trash and should never be downloaded. I'm done with EA. They destroy everything they touch.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:56 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerutix View Post
I apologize to all of you. This game is trash and should never be downloaded. I'm done with EA. They destroy everything they touch.
Yeah man I know how you feel, I had the same with the Bot Squad, and Angry Birds Go! And Super Monkey Ball Bounce all trash.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Tell me when you come to level 59.

It's impossible to beat ... any pointers ?
Old 12-18-2014, 03:41 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacing View Post
Tell me when you come to level 59.

It's impossible to beat ... any pointers ?
Quit playing the game. If you think 59 is impossible, 60 is at least 5x harder. 60 is when I deleted the game, posted a 1 star review, and vowed to never play another EA game.