iPhone Baldur's Gate Enhance Edition for iPad

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Trayray, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endair

Endair Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    So do I!

2. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    People who are saying this is the first good RPG for iPad really need to check out Avadon.

Really.

3. tdunaj

tdunaj Member

Mar 23, 2012
    I welcome you with outstretched hand :D

4. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Avadon is pretty good! It provides a much much better role playing experience than Aralon imo. lol. One of the greatest sin a RPG can commit is to not provide enough lore and story to sustain the world especially when there is no character development or any companions like in Aralon.

Wandering around doing meaningful quests that can impact the plot and character relationships is one thing....doing boring fetch quests and menial tasks like cooking, fishing,swimming just for the sake of it is another. If I want to think up my own plot, I can read fan fiction >.>

5. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    So an instant buy the night it comes out for me. I have spent several hundred hours on each of the games in the series and the mere sight of this on iPad makes my pants tight! Sooo.... Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn in the Pipeline? Fallout 1 & 2 or Icewind Dale next perhaps? Heck even some Temple of The Elemental Evil would be awesome! I'll even take some Arcanum port action! More ports of my classic PC games please!

6. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Can't wait!

So I never played Badur's Gate, and I've been wanting to for some time. I had planned on getting it from gog.com once this semester is over, but then I heard about the enhanced version coming out. I was looking forward to hearing more about it, so I could decide between playing that or the original, and now I find out about this?!

No contest here, I'll be getting the iPad version the second it's available!

7. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    After buying a PS Vita I had completely lost my iOS gaming interest, but now I got something to be (very) excited, at last.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    More info from Kotaku.

Here's the gist: less than $10, multiplayer will be included.

9. Captive

Captive Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Thanks for that Squarezero,its an absolute steal for that price,hurry up summer.

10. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

11. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    Sigh, multiplayer...

12. Struan73

Struan73 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Although Multiplayer was Never the strength of BG. I don't Even think it is necessary given the Focus in storytelling

13. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    i hope the multiplayer has been changed to be a lot less clunky and more intuitive. back in the day of IPX protocols, it was such a pain to get it to work out. And then you would always get weird desync problems, especially when saving and loading. I hope it is much faster.

14. Zedd2011

Zedd2011 Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Can't Wait!

This should be phenomenal! But I hate waiting... Looking forward to this more than Diablo 3, lol!

15. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    maybe if this does well, they will also release Planescape Torment one of the best games they made for this genre. cant wait for baldurs gate 1 and 2 tho thats awesome...give me some fallout! fallout 3 could run on the ipad make it happen!!!!

16. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Can't wait for the original release..
    was playing the PC version on the Ipad with Genr, and it's clunky. and missing a lot of things..

Glad they are redoing the text, since that was really tiny.. I had my eyes like :eek:

17. Multiboy2k

Multiboy2k Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Watcher
    Could change at a moment's notice
    Awesome. Period

GREATLY looking forward to this quality game.

Baldur's Gate is a classic.
    I have also placed close to 100 hours into this game.
    Just plain goodness through and through. A zero day purchase for me when it releases for sure.

18. Cromwell

Cromwell Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Selfemployed PC Service technican
    Cologne, Germany
    What about adding online item trading between players or some kind of market place/auction house :D

19. ldkaplan

ldkaplan Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    While waiting for this one, are there any similar titles available for the iPad? I was thinking about getting Eschalon on the Mac app store, but would rather play something on the iPad.

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Avadon: the Black Fortress.