Alien Menace is back in the store!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Greyskull, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    That's one of the games I'm always complaining about dissapearing. Well the developer/publisher Blackhelios is back!

I recommend this game wholehardedly for anyone who's into deck-building/CCGs/ board-card game hybrids. It's only single player. You play a space Marine, the computer plays as aliens. You get a random set of cards...oh hell, if your into the type of game I'm talking about, just buy it. It has a cool FPS feel to it; a shaky camera following you from room to room, looking side to side.

2. Psiufoxx

Psiufoxx Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    sustainability consulting
    paris (yeah, the one in france)
    Grabbed it. Looks weird but I'm willing to give it a try :)

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    What the? "Install" instead of "$$$"?

I had actually bought this before? No memories of having actually played it.

Downloading again...

4. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Do it. It's based on an actual card game which I've never played, but the developer did a great job giving it the atmosphere of a FPS or, better yet, survival horror game. Just try to save the "reduce room size" effect card, if you get one, for the last room.

5. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Got wiped out at the portal when the Alien played a titan (12) and my highest card was a (9) with no modifier cards left.

6. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    I don't understand this game, but thanks

7. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I've been awake for like two days...pm me tomorrow and I'll write it a tutorial (though the first time you play, the game explains itself) and tactics/strategy mini-guide. I win over 50% of the time on extreme, depending on my luck.

BTW, don't be afraid to flee a room if you know you'll run very low on cards and if the aliens don't have many coins.

8. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Can you post your Alien Menace mini guide here?