It's the kids I tell you!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sawyer4325, Jul 11, 2013.

1. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I was talking to my younger sister(10) about animal crossing: new leaf. We were talking about needing more money to do all we wanted to do. She said, "I wish I could buy more bells(the currency in the game) with real money, like iPad games!". I started explaining to her that games you pay for SHOULD NOT have iap in them. She kind of shrugged me off. This is proof that younger kids are the cause of this iap crazy stuff. CHILDREN ARE THE REASON REAL RACING 3 WAS RUINED!!! I kid, I kid, but seriously, it's the kids. We new this before, but this just adds to the pile of proof. Just though some of you guys and gals here would enjoy this.

2. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Uh...
    Okay.
    They just see it as tge norm I guess.
    Sad thing isn't it.

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Of course. Publishers are trying to capture a new generation; make in-app purchases second nature to them. Just like some people don't mind the difference in quality you get when you buy an .MP3 (and often have never heard uncompressed audio on a proper sound system).

4. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    80% of the App Store and TA could most likely be considered "kids".

Anything that happens could be logically blamed on them. Lol

But yes.

5. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    One day guys, there will be a great crash of iaps, in which a vast majority of people absolutely refuse to buy any games with iaps at all.
    Then we can all gather and play games that stay true to their purpose: fun.

6. anteye5

anteye5 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    My niece and nephew never get apps bought for them that have IAp so I think safe there.

7. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Its okay we can make it.
    There are games with zero iap. There will continue to be games like that.

8. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    It IS the kids. I'm okay with DLC, but not rigging the game with paywalls or simply making it so challenging you pretty much have to buy IAP. Like I said, I'm okay with DLC like coin doublers or level expansions, but not greedy devs that go and make their game unbalanced to force you into buying IAP. Its ridiculous. They're taking advantage of impatient people (kids specifically) and adding this timer BS like RR3. Its sickening, but maybe one day companies like this will die out. It would be a miracle.