Prisoner 84 - Help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RttaM, Jul 17, 2010.

1. HiddenJ

HiddenJ Well-Known Member

It was an old adventure game joke. You used to always get rope in the old adventure games to climb somewhere or tie something together. We put that in there as a red herring :p and you never use it :)

2. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I think in a DLC or something (if successful) you should be able to use it.

3. HiddenJ

It would be quite good to get everything used up in the inventory to make it nice and complete :)

4. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Can anyone give me the location of the Assassin or Stealth suits? I feel like I'm a bit lacking in that department right now, seeing as I only have the Birthday Suit.

5. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I can't wait to see a sequel. ;)

6. Dan007

Dan007 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Russia
    hey guys i found the code for the reception area in a toilet but didnt take note of it, neither did the game take note of it. It begins with 4, the only thing i remember. Please tell me the rest someone!

7. HiddenJ

--spoiler--
    --spoiler--

8. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Ok, I have got the green key and in the massive bit with all of the prison blocks and stuff.

I'm just totally stuck. I keep on wondering around, not knowing if I have been there before and hoping I discover something that helps.

This game could do with a map of the prison, showing you where you are and where important points are. I have really got confused as to the layout of the prison as everything looks the same.

Mad

9. HiddenJ

There are map terminals in some areas (green screen bits) they only show the immediate area however so you have to join things up for yourself.

If you're in Prison Block A at the ground floor. You have 3 exits. If you follow the route from the centre where it says S1 on the wall you'll get to the end and see a door in front of you with a keypad and two exits to Block B and Block C. Your first mission should be to find the code for that door as it gets you outside the blocks. The struts from A-to-B and A-to-C have a bridge connection between them so if you go through those side doors in Block A you should be able to find new areas.

10. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    #70 Random_Guy, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
    Where is the Warehouse Storage Room? I need to deliver that notepad for the helicopter piece. If it's one of those rooms in the Main Corridor of the Warehouse, where do I find the code for it?

11. HiddenJ

The storage rooms are behind the keypad doors in the main corridor of the warehouse.

--SPOILER--
    To find the code. Go back up the warehouse lift and go to the office again (red carpet area). Check the computer partitions again ;) .
    --SPOILER--

12. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Thanks! I finished it in 2:53! Had a lot of help though.

13. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    How scary is this game? Are there only shooting parts, or are there also a lot(!) puzzle parts?

14. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    It's quite scary. The shooting parts aren't really scary, it's mainly the atmosphere that's scary. And yes, there are a lot of puzzles, not just mini-games, but also finding clues and collecting items in order to progress, etc.

15. HiddenJ

Nice one, under 3 hours is great for a first time playthough, what item counts did you get?

The scare factor differs for people. It's more of a general atmosphere that unnerves you with various sound effect and ambient music. There may be things in it that make you uneasy however :)

The game is a mix, you have the shooting/walking around which is to keep you on your toes. I wouldn't say there's a loads and loads of puzzles in the game, but there are quite a few and they require you to look around each area, pick up and examine items and then use them on something else.

If you check out the gameplay vid here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9TH_-8eMTg

that shows the first bit with the examine and some pickup/puzzle bits.

Edit: Random_Guy has got it covered :)

16. adamjl

adamjl Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Where do you get the peice for the helicopter from? I cant find it anywhere?

17. HiddenJ

Go back to the warehouse storerooms (rooms with the shelves). Look for a box marked fragile and the helicopter part is in there (you need to have picked up the pilots log book from the comm tower lockers)

18. adamjl

adamjl Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Ok thanks for the help

19. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Where do you use the 2nd pass card? Obviously not at the level 2 doors, but at a computer, right? Wheres the right computer?

Send a PM if you like.

Thanks

20. adamjl

adamjl Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    How do you get to the comm tower? I cant seem to find a way to get there