The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jdragoon19, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    So, I am VERY excited for Skyrim! What are you guys looking forward to the most in Skyrim? For me (I've never played any of The Elder Scrolls games before), its the... well... everything. :p

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    pretty excited for it. I'm going to pick it up at a later date though. I would suggest using a guide if its your first time playing the series because its quite tricky. On oblivion I had trouble, I restarted my character and then i saw just fine. I would suggest you play oblivion before skyrim to get a feel for the game. I think its only like 10 dollars used.

3. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    I'm young so that means, I am limited to how many games I buy, unlike adults. So, I will probably not be getting Oblivion. My parents can be cheap at times, so I might just only get MW3, I'm not sure.

4. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
  5. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Lol i'm young too... I bought oblivion like 2 months ago. Can't wait for skyrim will probably get it sometime after january.

6. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Haha, lol.

7. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Man, I really want this game as well, but frankly, I just don't have the time to put into it.

8. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Library circulation rep
    Beaufort, SC
    I'm pretty excited. It's prepaid so an hour in line and then my life goes on hold. No more iOS or tabletop roleplaying for a while...

I'm looking forward to the Radiant Quest system the most, but really psyched in general.

9. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Seriously, this is the most excited I think I've ever been about an upcoming video game. I spent yesterday evening preparing for it, dusting off my TV and PS3, charging the controller, hoovering the carpet, getting beer etc. I am kind of crazy about having everything perfect before playing an important game, lol. I had an email this morning saying it's been dispatched. So hopefully I'll be playing it tomorrow :)

10. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    I am old, have it on preorder, but probably won't find the time to play it. Life's not fair.

Will depend on how good it turns out. First screenshots made me go hooray how much more lifely the characters look. Later screenshots kinda lowered my expextations a little.

11. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I've heard very good things about it, but I can't push myself to buy it. It looks absolutely awesome, maybe if it goes down a bit in price because ive gotten heaps of games this month (MW3, Forza 4, Rage, Fifa 12, soon-to-be Halo CE remake and when the price of batman goes down, that). :)

12. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    I'm mainly interested in playing Skyrim as it will likely foretell the direction that Bethesda's other open-world RPG franchise - Fallout - will head. High fantasy just isn't my favourite thing.

13. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    It does look amazing I'm kind of afraid to buy a copy of it though as I put way too much time into morrowind and I just don't have that kind of free time anymore.

I've a feeling if I buy this I probably won't be playing any other game for around a year or more.

14. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    hahaahahaha dude that was f*cking beast.

Agreed. I'm excited for Skyrim don't get me wrong, but it'll be interesting to see how thing mesh up in the direction they will take the Fallout series in terms of development style and all that noise..

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'll be playing it tomorrow morning so I'll make sure to drop by and rub it in for everyone waiting for Friday :)

Have you guys seen the size of the freakin' strategy guide? Check this baby out:

http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/bethblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/photo-764x1024.jpg

And some stats from Bethesda themselves:

656 pages. Around 550,000 words. Over 150 maps and well over 1,000 screenshots.

Skyrim features 240+ perks over 18 skills.

"A great swathe of this guide (just under 300 pages) is dedicated to helping you through every single quest that’s available. Due to the radiant quest structure and general derangement of the game’s developers, this numbers into the hundreds (there’s at least 500 variations of quest to try, and around seven times the number of quest-based activities compared to Fallout 3). Keeping track of these, finding them all, taking screenshots, adding little spoiler flags to quests with particularly spectacular revelations… well, this took around three and a half months alone."

"The guide continues with more than 200 pages dedicated to every single location of important in the province; the Atlas. Adapting the Fallout formula, my co-author spent four months wandering through every one of the 350+ primary locations, and sourcing every collectible, trader, unique weapon, and area of interest. To put the sheer size of Skyrim into perspective; Fallout 3 had 115 Primary Locations. Plus, this guide has 200+ Secondary Locations, not shown on any in-game map, for you to stumble across (or head straight towards, if you’re following our precise guide maps and location entries).

In order to get this Atlas right, we pieced together every single part of the overworld from around 20 feet in height, and our map makers spent four entire months building a world map so truly mind-boggling, it may snap the minds of some viewers."

16. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    :eek:

17. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I am holding in my hands, the greatest game to ever be developed. Skyrim, you are mine.

18. PhxBangBus602

PhxBangBus602 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
  19. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Hey Midian, did you receive your copy of the game today? Mine was dispatched yesterday morning from shopto but didn't come today like I expected. It had better come tomorrow or I might go insane.

20. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I cant wait. Just another few hours and me and my friends are going to go buy it at the midnight release. Well probably play well into tomorrow. Hopefully Ill make it into college.