iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. PeteZ

PeteZ Active Member

Nov 23, 2011
    practice

I enjoyed playing everyone in the friendly matches. Got beaten pretty hard by squal's sagat but had good fun playing. Anyone looking for practice with a relatively begginer player feel free to freind me. 1.0.1.0 is my username in gamecenter. Thanks.

2. Snooper

Snooper Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    GGs felix. Our yuns are pretty even, the games are always so intense :D

3. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Got an invite for the tourney match, so I had to go, but good games, Snooper! I really hope you don't quit playing Volt. You're an awesome player. :D

4. Oath

Oath Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Snooper I am so feeling you right now. I am feeling burnout myself as of late. Partially due to lag that seems to follow me from home to work and only seems to clear up late night at home. Second part is getting just sick of Ken/Akuma/Ryu/Sagat they have to be 70 percent of the characters out now. It's getting old and frustrating I played a guy today that used all 4 of then and used all their moves in the exact same way each time. All easy wins but boring and frustrating. Then if I do win they DC or worse I am winning then DC on lag. Whooo I needed to vent. :)

5. Snooper

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    Na i was exaggerating, but ill probably change from cammy. I gotta work on my yun, im still a bit of un upkicks whore :D

6. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    And I still throw out more Kobokushi's than necessary. I started using Ultra after EX Zesshou because all of my opponents would instantly try to use their uppercut if EX Zesshou was blocked. So I don't Flip Grab anymore... although sometimes I follow up with Target Combo 1, Kobokushi to mix things up.

7. Snooper

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    yea sometimes i feel like throwing my ipod out the window. Its just, eugh. I just dont get why some people refuse to play anyone except shotos. All respect to players like squall, who are actually good. But what really annoys me is the 1000bp-2000bp shotos. There are 4 types.

1.Uppercut whores. People who will uppercut if you whiff a normal from fullscreen. Also like to throw out ultras from fullscreen. Usually kens. Kind of funny to play against, but boring.
    2.Fireball spammers. Im not talking about zoning. Im talking about people who do literllay nothing except fireball, jump back and teleport if they have it. Usually akumas or sagats, sometimes ryus.
    3.Keepaway akumas. Basically fireball spammers, but more keen on staying away from you than fireballing you.
    4.Low forward whores. People who throw fireballs fullscreen, low forward if you come near and uppercut if you jump. Usually ryus sometimes others. By far the most annoying. Also known to do point blank ultras and supers.

And then there are other ridiculous things. I played a blanka today who jumped back the whole time. Like the whole time. Then he saw i wasnt gonna come to him so he jumped at me. I uppercutted. He jumped at me. I uppercutted. Then he kept holding upback until the timer ran out and i won. No joke. Its not like he beat me, but its just stupid. arghghhrhrhrehrhrhrrggghggghgh

8. squall2002

squall2002 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    GG Doctamario. Sorry I need to run. Dinner time. It's pleasure to play your Guile

9. squall2002

squall2002 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Hi Pete welcome to the forum. It's nice to play you today. Hope see you next time

10. Snooper

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    Youre supposed to spam palm, it builds a ridiculous amount of meter. I really liked you doing meaty palms, i dont think yun has an answer to that. Upkicks trades, but i guess ultra would beat it. And its probably better not to do random ultras. I think once i blocked a palm and then you ultraed, and when you were about to lose, sometimes you would ultra. I mean yea, sometimes it works, but it usually doesnt. Maybe just run away and palm for meter next round...

11. Oath

Oath Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Nice game PeterZ sorry had to go I went over my work break. Even on a break they don't like the idea of us playing games.

12. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    My reaction time is awesome when instinct kicks in, and instinct makes me fly up to Ultra. D: Of course though, that can all be remedied with Traning Harder! Ryu's better at it than me, I suppose.

13. Oath

Oath Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The fireballing keep away Akumas are some of my loathed opponents as all pressure is put on me to make any contact without fireballs to counter. I hate to seem like I am complaining about characters as I have played skilled people who use those characters and play very skillfully like Squall etc. Entering a slump over pure frustration in the players who abuse the current set up is proving to be difficult to escape.

14. PeteZ

PeteZ Active Member

Nov 23, 2011
    GG!

Is there a big difference in game play using the iPad vs iPhone? I mean in terms of easier to get moves out, etc?

15. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    Good games, PeteZ. Just recently started playing Viper, and she's pretty fun.

By the way, J6U. Sorry that I didn't accept your invitation to a match, I have to leave the house soon.

16. Oath

Oath Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Honestly no idea don't have a iPad I always imagined playing on a iPad would be harder to hold up as you play. Why do you ask?

17. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    That suddenly made me imagine an iCade exclusive Street Fighter 4 Volt. It would be pretty interesting, I guess. It also has 4 buttons! Although I wonder if that would work out.

18. Snooper

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    For cammy its turtles, not the fb spammers. its just really hard to crack them open. makoto has her command grab and overhead, but cammy cant really do much. But then cammys ultra can punish fireballs and its much easier to chase down akuma with cammys walkspeed. Im blaming the i huge increase in shoto numbers on the 99c sale, a few weeks ago different characters were far more common. I dunno, i might just stop playing until some new characters come out.

19. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    Makes me wish that the Hooligan Combination got crouching opponents. It can really come out of the left field, as some people don't know how to handle it. But then again, their response for the unknown would probably be: Shoryuken! Tiger Uppercut! Something or other with a DP motion simplified to forward/downforward SP!

Anyways, I hope this dies down soon.

20. Oath

Oath Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I imagined the exact same thing but was thinking it would have to rest on its side. I would really be pressured to get a iPad in that case. I havent played a pure SF game since SFII. I played Xmen v SF and M v C 1 and 2. Nothing since so sf volt really brought me back to the game and I would love to play it on a iCade.