Twitter feed with news and tips for gamedevs

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by kunaalkiip, Aug 19, 2012.

1. kunaalkiip

kunaalkiip Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Hey everyone - I just wanted to let you guys know that we just started a new Twitter feed yesterday that will send out daily news, tips, blog posts and more that will be relevant to game developers.

We're going to source the best stuff for you guys and if there's anything you want to see, or if you have any suggestions - please let us know!

Check it out and follow us here!
    https://twitter.com/kiipdevs

2. David Phan

David Phan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    President & Producer
    Vancouver
    Thanks for sharing! Just hopped on the follow train!

@davidphan1978

3. Eclectic

Eclectic Well-Known Member

This is just a sales mechanism for something called Kiip.
    They are operating under false pretences pretending to be a community service.

4. David Phan

David Phan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    President & Producer
    Vancouver
    Wow... little trigger happy with the sniping? They've got 6 tweets so far that all are related to game development and not their product. Sure they will likely self promo their services at some point in this twitter. They'd be stupid not to. But at least give them the doubt that they are trying to mainly reach out and contribute to the game dev community through this particular twitter account as opposed to their main company's twitter account @kiip

DP

5. kunaalkiip

kunaalkiip Member

Mar 9, 2012
    I should note that I did delete a tweet that mentioned our new developer page based on the feedback from Bruce. We'll definitely keep those posts rare.

Our intention is to bring great tips and news around the game dev world and we hope you enjoy them. Through our own blog, we'll be posting guest posts and interviews of some of our awesome developers on their experiences. And we have some more exciting things in the pipeline for the community as well!

6. Justin@PhykenMedia

Justin@PhykenMedia Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Project Manager
    #6 Justin@PhykenMedia, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    This is a great idea! I actually just started a twitter account a few days ago as well with the intent of sharing game development articles that interest me.

@justinlynchvgd

I also created a hashtag #VGD (short for Video Game Development) in the hopes that it may eventually catch on and anyone who wants to find articles, blogs, or any kind of insight into Video Game Development can just search using that hashtag. However if the #VGD brings up too much irrelevant hits then I have also seen people use #gamedev

7. kunaalkiip

kunaalkiip Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Sweet! I'll follow you and RT some stuff! Just as an fyi, I've seen #gamedev used a few times if you want to switch over to that.

8. Justin@PhykenMedia

Justin@PhykenMedia Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Project Manager
    I actually just updated my post after you posted this about the #gamedev hashtag. I think I will start using that since it makes more sense than #VGD since people probably won't recognize the abbreviation.