Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    #8801 darkhorse, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    One of many games I would like to play next year. I needed space so I never did get a chance to play it.

2. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    I would like rhythm games but I'm so incredibly bad at them that usually don't bother.

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Starting Steins Gate on Vita, also have Citizens of Earth and some emulators on the side.

4. LucianOrb

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    #8804 LucianOrb, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Stein's Gate is awesome, just be warned that the first half of the game is sloooow, don't give up because then the story unfolds and gets really batshit crazy, I loved it nearly as much as Zero Escape.

5. cakewalker

cakewalker Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Hi!

I was looking at the awesome list of titles for the Vita and wondering if it's still worth getting one at this point?

6. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #8806 ScotDamn, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    The short version is that if you're looking for new AAA titles than you're not going to be happy. If you're happy with the current AAA titles on the system and like indie gaming, the vita offers a lot, including lots of older games from past Sony games (ps1 and psp). It also pairs nicely with a ps4 via remote play, allowing you to play your ps4 in another room or another zip code on the vita.

The vita still gets new indie games - sometimes from larger publishers.

7. cakewalker

Jan 17, 2015
    Thanks! Current AAA look great and it's not that iOS gets tons of AAA either..

Trying to find where to buy one seems to be a bigger problem

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    You can import one. They are region free. And you'll get more choice in color too as they got more colors, like metallic red. For example, from play-asia: https://www.play-asia.com/games/playstation_vita/consoles/all_models/14/711zz

9. D4rkwolf

D4rkwolf Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Student
    In a house ^^
    Vita forever

I found mine used for like $150 at gamestop, turds gave me an iPHONE WALL PLUG and a random motorolla usb cable for a "charger"....idiots are lucky that it is the same voltage and cable type....I swear their staff is mentally ill.

On a plus side though aside from the scratches all over the screen and the Poop (no that wasn't a freaking joke) on the charger, which I cleaned off, the Vita is fantastic... I'm totally digging Isaac, Soul Sacrifice Delta, EDF 2 and Portable, Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero, Wipeout, and Lumines: ES..and the new Toukiden 2, .it's such a GREAT system. Oh and did I meantion it's both easier to get and not being scalped to hell on the internet?

Downside: 64Gb Mem stick was $118 x.x

10. cakewalker

Jan 17, 2015
  11. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    -points-

If your in to snes (or that funky cellshaded era) era zelda and somehow have never played oceanhorn on any of the near every platform its already on... its now on the vita.

:p

12. D4rkwolf

D4rkwolf Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Student
    In a house ^^
    must resist urge to buy on vita

13. TrueBlou

TrueBlou Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Software Developer - witenoiz.com
    Scotland
    That'll be easy for me, I stopped giving Sony money for anything Vita when they stopped supporting it and gave us the middle finger on yet another of their products. Been bitten too many times by them over the past couple of decades with them not supporting sooooooo many peripherals, products and ultimately the Vita.

I've better handheld and home systems to spend my money on. Including PS4 Pro, their main line home consoles I have no bug with. Although I won't be buying any of their ancillary products for it for the same reasons. Which is a pity because I kind of like the look of PSVR.

And before anyone whinges at me, yes I know the Vita still gets some games, but I can get the vast majority of those elsewhere which means I still get to support the developers I like without giving Sony a cut. I'm an old fashioned guy, I vote with my wallet. If a company supports its customers, I'll support the company, simple as that.

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Nintendo abandoned the Wii U. You going to boycott Nintendo too?

15. LucianOrb

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Also, Microsoft abandoned the Kinect, and it's not exactly showing much love to the XBone.

16. cakewalker

Jan 17, 2015
    It's so worth it.
    All the premium games.

No nagging the dev she, please add mfi, it just all works.

I see people here spend $$$on iap for amounts the could have both the full game + a vita
    Beats me

17. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Just got a (used) Vita a couple weeks ago. Really loving it so far.

I'd also love to have some TA people in my friends list, so add me! 'n8thegreatest' is my PSN ID.

18. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Been quite a while since I posted here I've been playing my Vita a ton over the last month, what changed? well I decided since Sony had abandoned it I might as well hack mine. Having useable storage made what was a device I'd pretty much forgotten into what I now think is probably the best handheld.

Now hacking it was quite time consuming and I did have to buy the SD2Vita adapter card but basically I now have a handheld that's an amazing emulator can run everything on Retroarch up to about N64 and has a built in absolutely perfect emulator for PS1 and PSP.