★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Nintendo Switch

05-13-2017, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexythimia23 View Post
Man playing minecraft and some sshole comes in just to destroy everything sheesh worse thing is he is over 30 yrs old :/
You can keep people out of your game, do you have it open to the public?
05-13-2017, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
You can keep people out of your game, do you have it open to the public?
Idk how to do it on the switch?? I cudnt see anything in options?

05-15-2017, 02:21 PM
I've never played Minecraft either, so this may sound weird. Isn't the destruction part of the game?
05-15-2017, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess View Post
I've never played Minecraft either, so this may sound weird. Isn't the destruction part of the game?
Its more about creation, you have to cause destruction to create meaning break rocks to mine and so forth but not to destroy what someone has spent time making...thats just called being an arsehole.
So to answer your question no destruction is not part of the game, minecraft is the complete opposite its about creating.
05-20-2017, 11:35 AM
Well it looks like I'm going to have to buy Minecraft and give it a go. As I mentioned before I wanted to buy a Switch for my niece and nephew, but the wife was giving me the glowering "no you won't" stare.

But to hell with that, she's at work so she can't stop me I've just bought them a Switch and a few games. Can't wait to see their wee faces.

But that means my nephew will be nagging me even more to play Minecraft with him, so I guess I'll take the plunge and see what all the fuss is about. It's not expensive anyway, so even if I hate it, it's no great loss.

Total tech addict, software developer (more or less) and spouter of complete and utter nonsense when my medication kicks in. (No, really.)
Today, 02:00 PM
Right now im going to say an honest to god truth on what i think of the switch now that ive had it since the 3rd march.....
The switch itself is what ive wanted in a console forever, something i can play on tv and on the go, for that it is flawless and im loving the joycons.
But....one thing ive realised is that for me personally...the games released so far...are sooooo bad!
Apar from zelda and mario i have regretted buying every single game. I have 17 games so far and i am setsuns is just good enuff to play, has great music and scenery but gets stale. Shovel knight is so overarted! Why wud anyone want this?! I guess u need to be into this genre but its just so boring. The neo geo games are just a thing of the past that i have on ios including little inferno. Lego is also a boring game with nothing to it and so is wonderboy and the rest.
See i love the switch and a couple of games but so far the games lineup is so bad. They dont feel like games, im not getting an experience from them and that to me is so unfortunate. I must be alone as ive read articles that praise these games which is why i bought them but apart from zelda and mario kart i can honestly say i regret buying everything so far thats been released.
Now i will be a lot more picky with my games from now on, but i wanted to know does anyone else feel the same at all about their games so far??
I have actually gone back to my ios back catalogue and am having a blast, so it looks like my switch might gather a bit of dust till the library matures in content 😌
Today, 02:10 PM
Do not agree. Shovel Knight is in my top 5 games of all time. Wonder Boy is probably the best remake I've ever seen. Blaster Master X is simple and short but really fun. the Neo Geo releases are some of the best games from the 90s, especially all the fighters, and they're super cheap.

I only own 6 games so far because I don't want my Switch to become like my iPhone where there's too many games and I can never decide what to play, or that I start a bunch of games and don't finish them. But, my wishlist in the eShop is stuffed with things I can't wait to buy and there's SO much more coming in just this year that a lack of games to play is not a concern of mine in any way shape or form.

I guess you just have to really dislike most types of video games to say the Switch library is "soooo bad?" Like, why even have a Switch if you hate all the games for it?

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
Today, 02:45 PM
I get the Switch criticism, completely - but I love 2D platformers, and Shovel Knight and Wonder Boy are both unbelievably good examples of the genre. It's still really early in the release schedule and there's loads to come. Disgaea this week, ARMS in another couple of weeks. I haven't finished Zelda yet, so I'm in no rush.

2017 GOTY nominations: SAO: Memory Defrag, Death Road to Canada, Spaceplan
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589