Good iPhone game US based developer for hire?

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by andrewe1, Sep 3, 2010.

1. andrewe1

andrewe1 Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Hello,

I didn't know where to ask so I tried this forum. I have an idea for a really simple game for an iphone, tic tac toe style... And im trying to find someone to hire and have them develop it.

I started researching and its a really scary area, its those kinds of things that theres so much and so little info about.

All the websites ive been to redirect me to offshore Indian developers. I don't want to risk money on a developer in another continent, especially with the quotes i've been getting (25,000 for iphone app, 75,000 for ipad apps)... Though im sure my app would be way cheaper than that due to its simplicity.

Anyways, what im asking for is a recommendation for a US based iphone developer.

Anyone have any advice on the subject?

The game is really not that hard to do, its a tic tac toe board with a spin off (not going to give the idea away)...

I was also looking for Bluetooth multiplayer and possible match making through the upcoming gamecenter...

Thanks

PS: I would prefer it if it was a small company vs an individual....but I'm open to opinions and willing to pay.

2. andrewe1

andrewe1 Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Btw, im not some little kid with a silly idea...im a 22 year old senior industrial design student with CAD program experience.

This idea is something that inspired me from a little toy that I had as a kid. I already have a simulation of the concept, its really simple but I think its a lot of fun. This is not something that is just in text form only...

cheers

3. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Hello there my good sir
    I Would join your company but you see i have no development expierience i could i only do music and if there is profit i do not want it. All the money is yours i just want to make music and be on the appstore

4. andrewe1

andrewe1 Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Ah?

Ok maybe there is some misunderstading on what I posted...

I'm not forming a company or anything, I'm just looking for a trustworthy iphone development company or indie developer and have them develop my small game!

Thanks for your interest though I guess...

5. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    i menat music just music for the game i coulld do that

6. andrewe1

andrewe1 Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Thanks Ill keep that in mind......but without someone offering to program it for me then theres no need for music if theres no game :p

7. raleigh

raleigh Active Member

To be honest, I doubt you'll get a professional developer to bite for much less than $25K.

On the other hand, you can probably find CS students out there willing to program for peanuts because they want something on their resumés. Same goes for artists etc. If you're willing to oversee everything and glue the different parts together, you can get it done yourself for a lot cheaper.

Either way, this is the best forum I know of for you to find the people you're looking for.

8. andrewe1

andrewe1 Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Thanks but I already found a small team on freelancer.com, they have good reviews and its much much much less than 25k lol...

Tomorrow i'm supposed to be getting the first UI mockup :)

Thanks anyways