Dickie Little - New Game Announcement

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Wattanasoft, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Wattanasoft

Wattanasoft Member

Aug 10, 2009
    #1 Wattanasoft, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009
    Hi Everyone,
    I wanted to announce a new game I've been working on called Dickie Little. It's a point and click adventure game similar to the 90's style Sierra Adventure games.

You can see preview videos at my website http://www.wattanasoft.com
    or here's some direct links to a couple of You Tube videos.

Video 1:

Any comments would be appreciated,
    Brett Hamlin

2. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Could you please call this game something else? Especially those two words together, give it quite the inappropriate impression. It does look pretty good though.

3. Wattanasoft

Wattanasoft Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Thanks Upside down, I hope it doesn't offend anybody, its mean't to be humours. The games a take off of the classic Leisure Suit Larry series. I'll certainly take it into consideration and if anyone else has an opinion about the tile, please tell me.

4. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I'd like to see more of the game play, expecting a lite version for the polish in it

I have a problem with the title too, thts all I can think about when I read the name imho

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think the name is memorable to be honest. It actually sounds like a 90s point n' click kinda game. Not loving a title would be a pretty terrible reason to ignore a good game.

6. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Yeah but having that title on your device would be weird to show to other people.

7. Wattanasoft

Wattanasoft Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Thanks Midian

Thats a good point Upsidedown, I never thought about it that way

8. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I never meant tht i'd ignore the good name for just the name...
    Imagine this situation : I am bz playing the game Dickie little, some stranger looks @ the screen & asks, what are you playing on yuor iPhone ?
    I'd say Dickie little! :eek:

zomg, it'd be gross me imagining sharing this game with my siblings too

9. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    You do know that Apple might censor your name?

10. Wattanasoft

Wattanasoft Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Yeah, I did think about that. I'm hoping Apple will be ok with it, but I'm expecting them to slap an NC17 rating on it.

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I was watching the video, and looking at the guy, the background, the decor, the music and was thinking "Leisure Suit Larry"!!

I am dating my self (Im too old to be playing video games) - but I remember playing all those things. LSL was great until they ruined it. Kings Quest series - Sierra Quest was ruler in those days.

So, you succeeded in having a LSL feel. If the rest of the game has the humor, and the attention keeping qualities of that series, I would hope it will do great. Of course those were those days, and who knows what kids like nowadays.... I have 3 of them and (not to be too sexist) their minds change as fast as a womans.

Be interesting following this one through.

12. Wattanasoft

Wattanasoft Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Thanks Pluto6! Thats the look and feel I've been going for. I hope the plot and dialogue lives up to the Sierra series :)

13. Wattanasoft

Wattanasoft Member

Aug 10, 2009
    #13 Wattanasoft, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  14. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I think the name is great, I don't think the target audience for a game like this is kids who need to share their iPods with their little sisters anyway. If the game is anything like Leisure suit Larry, the name of the game is just going to be the tip of the iceberg.

Looks great so far, I'd love to see more gameplay videos that show a little more than just walking around.

15. Wattanasoft

Wattanasoft Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Hodapp, I think you make a good point about the target audience... I forgot to mention the ladies name in the picture is Cateline Coqueintake with her friends Neal and Bob. :)

I'll get some game play videos up for you once I finish this animation scene.

16. Wattanasoft

Wattanasoft Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Dickie Little Release Date

Hi Everyone,
    It's been a while but I'm getting ready to release Dickie Little to the app store next month. Here's a link to the games trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tWH2lgKguk

And a short description of the game below.

Wanna Have a Good Time?
    That's what she said! Join Dickie as he tries to seduce young beautiful women, save flying chickens from disgruntled ex vice presidents, give Swedish massages, and learn to cook dingle berries all at the Animal Instincts Lodge in Tanzania Africa. Do you have what it takes to help Dickie get a little nookie? Arriving on your iPhone iPod Touch in Janurary 2010