Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-30-2013, 09:35 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stustaff View Post
Thanks I'm going to get this now.
Loved the mechanic and gameplay previously but subject matter and style didn't quite click for me.
Thanks for your purchase! I must admit I'm not a massive vampire fan myself, but I think the game has a Scooby Doo kind of vibe so it's family friendly (I have young kids, so that's important for me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enriana View Post
Totally love this. Found I was going through levels too quickly, turned on "tricky" mode and it's a perfect fit. I was looking at the achievements for the game and one mentions filling "expert goals" for each level - I'm not sure I know what that means, I haven't seen any mention of expert goals in gameplay (currently just got to the Blasted Sands area).
The expert goals are time based. If you complete a level before the moon sets you're awarded an expert star and there's an achievement for gaining an expert rating on all levels.

Gaining expert stars on tricky mode can be difficult, so just in case you get stuck ... you can change the game's difficulty between levels from the options menu via the main menu (so there's no need to restart the game).

Thanks,
George
Old 10-31-2013, 03:44 AM

The game looks nice. Thanks for your heads up.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:16 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Playing Vampire Ventures while waiting for Trick'r'Treat'rs! What could be more perfect?!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:44 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Playing Vampire Ventures while waiting for Trick'r'Treat'rs! What could be more perfect?!
Our daughter just came back with a bucket full of sweets ... and she's in a good mood so she's sharing (written after three lolly pops and snickers)!

Happy Halloween : )
George
Old 11-01-2013, 12:17 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

One little problem I ran into when playing this while waiting for the doorbell to ring, was that if the interruption came in the middle of a regular level, then it was no big deal to quickly drop what I was doing and just let the level sit there, timer be damned. Oh well, lose a point or two on the leaderboards, no big deal.

But if the interruption came during a battle, then suddenly I was hunting around for a pause button and couldn't find it! I eventually figured out that I needed to hit "menu", but that really wasn't intuitive. I got way behind in a battle before I figured that out. Oops!