iPad Call of Duty: World At War: Zombies [$4.99 for all 4 maps!]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ThatRevChap, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Manny7

Manny7 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    game look great

how many gamers online right now 100? or more

let me know

2. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    I read the first 4 pages and there was just 40 post of wow. I just wait for some big site reviews then if nobodys going to reply.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Sorry -- gotta work.

4. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I posted a pocketgamer review that gave it a 9/10 Gold rating.

5. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    Are there gameplay videos of the co-op yet? Only thing holding me back from buying so far

6. Mad Portagee

Mad Portagee Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    The touch arcade video has coop in it

7. heffdog116

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    Thanks. didnt get to the end of it

8. Krispod

Krispod Well-Known Member

May 19, 2009
    Hey, i got it to, up for some action my brotha :p

9. Mosaic

Mosaic Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Sounds good, join my match :)

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Graphics are actually pretty great, particularly the zombie animation. I actually think that the textures look fantastic, and the frame rate on the 3Gs is near 60 FPS -- I notice no lag at all. Online (for those who have managed it) is spot on perfect. Coop play is a blast. I prefer the controls on MC:S, but the dual stick option is not bad once you select the right sensitivity.

11. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Guys and gals, I’ve uploaded a strictly multiplayer demo video to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-d_dUOVo0c

First, I show local Bluetooth. Then, at 3:20, I quickly switch Wi-Fi on and return to the game to show you creating local, private Wi-Fi games (which involves having to enter a code on the client; this needs to be set in Profiles inside the game). Unfortunately, I exit this mode by mistake right at the beginning (couldn’t lay down the phones as, then, the pause is displayed right away) – nevertheless, at least you saw how password-protected games are joined. After this, I show online (lounge-based) gameplay. As you can see, online play is even slower on the 3G (it’s on the right) than local play – it’s pretty close to unplayable. The 3GS has absolutely no speed problems with online play, though. Also note that there are several online players; in this regard, you don’t need to be afraid of the same fate as with (the not recommended) iFPS, where you can meet hardly any human opponents.

12. C4PTAIN

C4PTAIN Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    im a pro at this, surviv ed 12 round alone lol flametrhower owns

13. lostlogik

lostlogik Well-Known Member

May 19, 2009
    Agreed but I do find that sometimes the sticks are more sensitive than others. I'll suddenly find myself swinging round and then others, when I want to move quickly it goes into slowmo mode. But dual sticks is the best.

One thing I have noticed is that thumbs need to stay bone dry. Little bit of moisture and they stick fast, and then there's no moving them.

Just managed a quick game online but using precious minutes from my 'open' access point. Wish I could sort out this connection problem, as I still can't figure it out.

14. heffdog116

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    is it endless or does it end at a certain number?

15. C4PTAIN

C4PTAIN Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    endless i think but it gets fckin hard at round 9
    EDIT : maybe to wave 30 sry but its nearly impossible

16. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I've had a VERY brief time with the game, however I've found the controls very difficult to work with thus far. I'm also normally very forgiving, I even found Duke 3d's controls to be workable. Again I've played only one game, but it feels terribly unresponsive. I've increased sensitivity and still feels like the pads are smaller than a dime. Seem's great other than that. Will have a better opinion once I've had some real time with it.

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Dry thumbs are a must for pretty much any game on the platform. Unfortunately, when things get intense on COD or Eliminate you start to sweat a bit and lose control of the game. Pausing for a second to blow on the tips makes a huge difference (thought it perhaps makes you look like a dork ;)).

18. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    The console version is endless and it becomes ROCK HARD at 20+, if the same challenge difficulty is on the iPhone one be prepared.

19. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    2 questions before I buy:

1.) Is there a random box?

2.) How does it run on a 1g?

Nazi zombies was without a doubt my favorite part of World at War. Even though me and most of my friends have Modern Warfare 2, I have a feeling we'll still be playing Nazi Zombies for a long time.

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    See my note on dry fingertips. Makes a huge difference to responsiveness. I actually keep the sensitivity down to about half-way.