Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-27-2013, 09:20 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 08-27-2013, 09:27 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosIsMe View Post
Thanks for that super constructive bit. I'm really glad you were able to point out the gameplay's flaws so eloquently and concise.
Want to know who's useless in the forums?

I checked all your posts and there are more useless posts than anything, and you even bash on devs on a few posts, and some posts on other forum members.

The fact that i said the game ripped off assets from a popular game, and that i deleted for "stealing" reasons which i didnt feel I had to mention is more useful than 90% of your posts in TA.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:55 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by repapermunky View Post
Controls are atrocious.
I managed to make it to 1-3 without much issue beyond anything I would have found in a classic 90's shareware platformer on the old pc or an off beat SNES/Genesis platformer. It's a button tap to move style game. I think it could benefit from a more tilt to move option like what's in Mikey Shorts & Hooks. Still, I was able to adapt pretty easy. Easier than what The Other Brothers had at launch, and I paid for that. I think overall this is a very B grade platformer. It's not top tier, but it is free and the pixel art is well done. It has potential with a few tweaks to be a fun little game. My main issue is with the level design being more of an obstacle than the actual enemies. That's the only thing that stopped me at 1-3. But then again, old platformers took memorization and thinking to get through. I probably died thousands of times in Super Mario Bros before finishing it.

Edit:

Just watched Sanuku's video. He made it into world 3 without too much issue. He really mainly died due to the level design there at the end. Nicely too, I hadn't even noticed that you could use the phone booth... I wonder what else is hidden in the game.

Last edited by nightc1; 08-27-2013 at 10:08 AM..
Old 08-27-2013, 10:55 AM

Tried it and controls really blow. Also how did they get an app approved that isn't optimized for the iPhone 5's widescreen?
Old 08-27-2013, 01:14 PM

A poorly made, unapologetic Mario rip-off. Played, then deleted in minutes.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:02 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Neat concept / twist on Mario but poor controls. I could see myself enjoying this if the controls were more fluid and widescreen support.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:20 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforce View Post
Neat concept / twist on Mario but poor controls. I could see myself enjoying this if the controls were more fluid and widescreen support.
Who knows. They could update it. It wouldn't be the first game to get an update to add widescreen or tighten/re-do controls.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:29 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Yes, I hope for an update, too - although I doubt it.

After getting used to the controls a little bit more reaching world 3 is no longer a big problem. But level 3-1 (I suppose) is killing ny every time because of a very hard level design

Did anyone progress further??
Old 08-30-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Want to know who's useless in the forums?

I checked all your posts and there are more useless posts than anything, and you even bash on devs on a few posts, and some posts on other forum members.

The fact that i said the game ripped off assets from a popular game, and that i deleted for "stealing" reasons which i didnt feel I had to mention is more useful than 90% of your posts in TA.
That user is a troll. Pay him no attention and he stops posting. Can't stand people like that...
Old 09-04-2013, 12:59 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I kind of feel that taking something straight out of SMB by this point is so easily identified that it's not really that abhorrent to do so. I mean, when games rip dialog straight out of classic games for humorous purposes, they're usually praised for it. Clash Force used sound effects from Mega Man and I don't think that pissed anyone off.

I like the visual style of the game.

The controls and game physics seem really off to me though and there are so many derivative platformers on the appstore that differ largely in aesthetics that I can't really say this is a particularly good entry in the genre.