Question about iCloud, what can I store there?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bronxsta, May 17, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

So my 6gb iPhone 4 is slowly getting filled up and I noticed that I have almost 5 gbs of space on iCloud.

What exactly can I store there? Can I download games directly from iTunes to iCloud? Can I store entire games on iCloud?

2. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Games that support it just store your progress so you can delete the game and then install it again later without having to start over.

3. Bronxsta

So only save data, that's it?

4. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Yes only data, no apps.

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Technically all your apps are saved on iCloud, as well as music, photos, emails, contacts, documents, device backups, settings, browser tabs, books, etc.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    In regards to games, yes, but also everything listed in the iCloud sub-menu of Settings: email, contacts, calendars, reminders, safari (how vague), notes, passbook, photo stream, documents & data and you can use it for 'Find My iPhone'.

7. iCloud is extremely unreliable, I honestly wouldn't use it as an option to store your game data.

8. Bronxsta

Another question: how would I make a game save to iCloud? I recently got Sky Gamblers Storm Raiders but I want to remove it cause it takes space. The iTunes info says the game has iCloud support but I don't see SGSR data in my iClod storage

9. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I have to insist: the iCloud backup only saves your app data, not the actual apps. It makes sense to save space in iCloud itself. Indeed if you restore then it downloads apps from App Store. More info here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4859

10. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    You cannot unless game has specific "Save to iCloud" feature. More info: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1288074

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I said technically ;) According to Apple's description of iCloud, the ability to search your purchase history and redownload previous purchases is a component of iCloud (even if similar was possible before iCloud even existed). From Apple's iCloud page:

And