How many of you wanted in-game gold purchase in Infinity Blade?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Dec 24, 2010.

?

Did you want in-game gold purchase in Infinity Blade?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. No

45 vote(s)
    95.7%
  1. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    #1 tsharpfilm, Dec 24, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
    According to Chair/Epic, in-game gold purchase was added by "popular demand." :rolleyes: I'm kind of skeptical about this claim...

Did you demand in-game gold purchase in Infinity Blade, or contact Chair/Epic requesting this be added?

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I think we all know there was no popular demand from the buyers not one mention of it in the UK app store anyway I know that much.
    If it was a popular demand anywhere it was probably the CHAIR offices.

3. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Infinity Blade is a great game, but I really despise half truths and deception.

4. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

come on, paying for cheats sucks! Also, this pretty much messes up the Leaderboards.

5. DopyG

DopyG Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    The ingame gold purchases are reaææy lame..

Imagine when the multiplayer update come...

How unbalanced will it not be?

Just because someone used 10 bucks more than you they will be more imba even though they used 1 hour and you used 100 hours -.-

6. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

I didn't want it but the prices do add a cynical humour that was previously missing. So well done to them and a hearty chuckle at all the fumbling spackers who have to pay real money to gain items in this game. Fools, ha ha ha ha haaaaa.... etc.

7. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    im not too upset, because the gold offered is really easy to get. for example, for 4.99, i believe they are selling 250000 gold. it is easy to get that at around the 8th bloodline in a couple of hours.

8. Planetshooter

It makes very little sense, paying for in-game cash because of this:

If you want to level up, you have to level up each item (weapon/armour/ring/shield). In order to level up, you have to fight. A lot. By fighting, you earn money. Just by playing the game you tend to always have enough game cash to buy the next item that you need when you master something. If you bought enough gold to instantly buy all the items, you would still have to do all the fighting to level up and, by doing so, you would gain a ton of game cash .... and have nothing left to buy with it. Whoa, that's clever.... :confused:

I can't see how buying the cash is a short cut. If anything, it makes actually playing the game a bit pointless, even though you will still have to play the game - a lot - in order to level up.

I wanted the sword, "Infinity Blade", so I just played the game a lot (which is actually very enjoyable when you're aiming for something like 500k for the IB), saved up and bought it. I've killed the first two incarnations of the God King and I'm enjoying levelling up and item collecting. For me, paying real money for game cash would kill all the fun that the game has to offer.

9. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

10. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Lmao!

11. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    if you master a weapon buy spending gold.. you also earn the xp that comes with mastering a weapon..

by spending real money you can become stronger alot faster ...

this is for people who do not want to spend countless hours doing the chore of leveling up .. they just invest X$ and get the biggest badest weapons armor etc. from the get go.. they can play the way THEY WANT! ... you can the way you want..

what you actualy buy is your time, you would needed to invest in the first place to get there where your money gets you..

thats the same as people buy level 80 chracters for wow.. they just want to have some fun, slicing enemies, etc. they do not want to play countless hours of the same stuff over and over..

developer monetize on that and usualy thoose people who spend the money into such things don't mind the few bucks anway.. not everyone who plays games is someone with as much free time on their hands like teenagers etc.

12. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

At least it's not...Freemium!

I have no problem with optional IAPs, and you can play the game just fine without this one. I can pretty much guarantee that less than 2% of customers wanted the option though, so it'd be better for them to be honest about the reason if they insist on having it in there.

Frankly I'd rather they spent that time, effort, and money on bringing out the multiplayer, but I'm just the consumer, what do I know?

13. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    2.5 million gold for $50..holy shit. I honestly don't get who would pay for virtual gold

14. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    IAP stuff is totally cool with me if they aren't mandatory, or if they are easily obtainable by other means, as is the case with Infinity Blade. Sure I didn't ask for it but I don't see what the fuss is about.

15. Planetshooter

Yeah, they do not want to play. You could have just said that. But hey, let's not argue - it's Christmas.

16. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

The gold purchases were not added for people like us - gamers who are willing to play and grind to get the items we want. It was added for the casual gamer who won't grind through multiple playthroughs to get the Infinity Blade.

As for unbalanced multiplayer, well there are things that can be done. The only reason Eliminate was so unbalanced was due to the matchmaker taking no regard to the level of each player, and as such the level of their guns and armor. If they had matched on level as well, the balancing issues would almost entirely have dissapeared. Maybe Chair will use similar stats to match players based on skill, level and equipment? So a highly skilled player with the infinity blade doesn't get matched with a complete noob, or a noob who buys the infinity blade doesn't get matched with a level 5 player with basic gear etc.