Robot Unicorn Attack Christmas by Adult Swim

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SwimCeej, Nov 22, 2010.

1. SwimCeej

SwimCeej Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
  2. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    This looks much more promising than Heavy Metal. Although, I really wish they'd port a better game like Corporate Climber. Their iPhone selection is slim pickings imo.

3. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    If they'd released the alternative versions of the game as cheap-ass in-app purchases, I'd probably buy them. Buying a separate app? No dice.

4. SwimCeej

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    We've learned that we can pretty accurately gauge how well a game will do on iPhone by how well it's done on the website. Earlier on we did port some other games thinking they'd be better on iPhone or would be well-received on the platform...but, they didn't meet with the kind of traffic we hoped they would. Corporate Climber is a great game, but I do not think it'd be quite right for iPhone.

Christmas is going to be 99 cents. How much cheaper-ass than that were you thinking an in-app purchase would be?

5. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

#5 jak56, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
    the music and arent isnt half as good as any of the previous ones tbh. this isnt very original and/or extreme
    then agaIn, the first two were pretty darn awesome.

6. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    How about the reloaded version of 5 minutes to kill yourself? It seems to be a great sequel to the previous one actually having variety. :)

7. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    I was thinking $.99, and was more or less referring to Heavy Metal, as that is, what, $1.99?

My main point, though, was that I don't want to have several icons on my device, for what is basically the same game with a different skin. If they were IAP and $.99 each, I'd buy at least one.

8. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    i could not agree more. this is one of the main reasons why i'm hating the angry birds reskins, because i'm gona have to have three seperate apps for essentially one game. if i could have all three reskins of rua in one app, i would probably pay, but if no, then i don't see myself getting it.

9. What I think he means is that it would be easier to have an all-in-one instead of having to load separate apps since it's all pretty much the same engine, just skinned and audioswapped. It's a similar concept to Song Imports in the Music Game genre on consoles.

10. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    YAY another RUA! the problem is i got the normal, heavy metal, now the xmas one is comming...why not make RUA have in app purchases and a option in the menu to switch the themes? that way there is only 1 app lol...

11. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    I skipped the other one (I dont know why, the original looked fun, but the heavy metal was totally not my kind of stuff, anways) BUT this one I will sntach right away... are there achievements also in there or only leaderboards!? thanks

12. SwimCeej

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    Achievements and leaderboards. It's all Game Centered out (except no multiplayer).