Havok's Project Anarchy-powered iOS games wishlist

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by clever_bug, Mar 28, 2013.

1. clever_bug

clever_bug Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2012
    #1 clever_bug, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
    At GDC 2013, Havok has announced Project Anarchy - a combination of Havok Vision Engine, Havok Physics Engine, Havok Animation Engine and Havok AI Engine - which is an open-source engine and will be totally free for mobile games developers.

So, what is your wishlist of iOS games powered by this engine?

[​IMG]

This is my wishlist (a port of / a spin-off of / a clone of):

1. Halo 4
    2. DmC: Devil May Cry
    3. Killzone 3
    4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
    5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    6. Fallout: New Vegas
    7. Guild Wars 2
    8. I Am Alive
    9. Heavy Rain
    10. Alan Wake
    11. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
    12. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    13. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
    14. Saints Row series
    15. Crackdown series
    16. Assassin's Creed series

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    That video is slightly misleading, it's not the core engine for any of those games. You wouldn't get a port of those just due to Havok being on iOS.

3. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
    #3 clever_bug, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
    I know that it's hard to get a port of these games, in view of the file-size limitation, the complicated control scheme as well as the limited power of current gen of iOS devices. More important, it is not the core engine for any of those games, as you've said.

However, I am sure that we can definitely see some new iOS games based on those games series, such as Call of Duty Black Ops II: Declassified, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Killzone: Mercenary... (like the PlayStation Vita). Why? Because Project Anarchy is open-source and totally free! There must be some AAA developers who are interested in making AAA iOS games with this engine! :cool:

4. You have no idea what you are talking about. Game development just doesn't work that way.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    None of those games. They already exist in superior formats. I want new IPs.

6. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
    New IPs? Of what kinds? Can you be more specific? For example, a clone of God of War, Dante's Inferno, or Saints Row... :D

7. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    I would really want Metro 2033 or Fallout 3 on my iphone :D