Apple TV games...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bucktroo, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    #1 Bucktroo, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
    Does anyone have a good list of games that work great with Apple TV (AirPlay)??

2. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008

There is a lag for all games, so it's pretty much a bust for everything action related.

3. darrelldiaz

darrelldiaz Member

Jul 2, 2010
    #3 darrelldiaz, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
    AirPlay/Apple TV Compatible Games..

Work great on my Apple TV using iPhone 4s & iPad 2:

Real Racing 2
    Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation
    Sky Gamblers: Rise of Glory
    Zombie Gunship
    FIFA 12
    Metalstorm: Wingman
    Touch Tanks 2: Europe
    Chopper 2

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few more..

4. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Awesome. Ive seen vids of Real Racing 2 and it looks great. How well does MC3 work? Tons of lag??

5. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #5 dumaz1000, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
    I don't understand. You can hook an iPad to an HD TV using an HD cable, and play all iOS games, with no lag issues, or whatever, but games with specific button placement don't work. You have to look down at the iPad to ensure you are hitting the virtual buttons. If you are staring up at a TV, you're not going to be able to hit the proper corresponding button on your iPad blindly, without looking down first.

This works with racing games and games with little to no button layout. Complex games can't possibly be played this way. how could you ever play MC3?

Anyway, you don't need AirPlay, or Apple TV at all. Just buy the $40 adaptor from Target or something.

6. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    That may be true, but i'm using my iPhone 4s (which is basically a controller) and as long as i can get the virtual mapping feel down, it wouldnt bother me one bit.

7. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    M.U.S.E. supports Airplay over Apple TV as well.

8. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    I bought the new Apple TV last weekend and I really love it for AirPlay / Movies / iTunes and so on.

To be honest I am not completly happy playing games with it. Real Racing 2 and also Modern Combat 3 have huge lags and aren't playable (for me). I already restartet my iPad2 and - of course - closed all apps in the backgrounds. However this isn't 100% smooth at all.

How are your experiences? Which games are you enjoy playing?

9. BB72

BB72 Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Air wings is great on the big tv. You've got the option for spectator cam if there are a few people, or normal view. I wouldn't bother with the adaptor for 40 bucks, better spend the $ 60 more for apple tv. There is so much more it can offer. I'm using it to watch all my movies on the computer with air video. Works perfectly.