Flick Bowling 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eggzbacon, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    #1 eggzbacon, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2010
  2. Hippieman

Hippieman Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Senior Producer, Designer
    San Francisco
    Just wanted to stop by this thread and say hi.

Flick Bowling 2 was developed on the "Warp Engine" the same engine powering Warpgate. If anyone has questions, I can get them answered.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I'm assuming that this means that the real physics update for Flick Bowling 1 is cancelled (kind of assumed it was, anyway)...

4. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    I have some questions:
    (Sorry in advance for question 3, you may have no idea about it and it's not aimed at you. Maybe you have heard something being in the business though?)

#1 - Will we have to keep paying to keep playing? (NGMoco's Brilliant plan)

#2 - When will it be released?

#3 - Are the PROMISED physics for Flick Bowling 1 still coming or did that turn into a sour deal.
    As fans, we held our end up and paid, passed the word, and kept playing.

As Freeverse, they promised but never followed through (as most LARGER developers do). Odd, the really small developers are so trustworthy though.
    Sort of like Popcap with Peggle - Big Dev - Promised Music - Never Happened.

5. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I'm guessing that we will have to pay for each bowling ball that we bowl.
    Thanks to ngsucko

6. Hippieman

Hippieman Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Senior Producer, Designer
    San Francisco
    Really? Really? That's what you are going with? No. You buy it, you have it.

We worked for a while to get real pin physics into Flick Bowling 1. It just wasn't working. It had to do with the structure of the game. So all that work was rolled into Flick Bowling 2.

This isn't just a reskinning or a small update. It's a new everything. It has a modern game engine, modern physics engine, modern sound engine and a lot more.

It should be released soon. It was already submitted to the app store.

7. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

guys... the sig...

LOOK AT THE SIG! :p (lol, that was from the warpgate thread)

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Oh, well in that case I look forward to it :)

9. FVMatt

FVMatt Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Associate Producer at Freeverse
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hey everyone!

I'm the producer on this project so I can answer your questions as well. Like Mr. Hippieman said, this isn't just a small update, it's a brand new game. We looked at all of your complaints, comments and suggestions for Flick Bowling 1 and addressed them for the sequel. This will not be a "Freemium" game, there will be a paid version and it will be hitting the app store very, very soon.

I'm really excited about this game and I think you guys are going to love it!

10. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    To tell you the truth, I was pissed for a bit that Flick Bowling didn't get the pin physics update.

Then I got over it. I've downloaded, played and enjoyed almost every Freeverse game since then and I've even had a few days where I'd reinstall Flick Bowling and replay it. I certainly got $.99 worth of entertainment from it.

If this is what they decided was the best way to approach a better all-around experience, then I'm all for it:)

I'm looking forward to Flick Bowling 2 and will be getting it as soon as it becomes available. Is there a price listed somewhere?

Richard

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I hope you'll put out a gameplay video. Those screenshots don't look so good. In fact they look pretty terrible. I presume it looks better in motion....

12. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Looks terrible.

I much prefer the original Flick Bowling. The style is much more unique and has more personality than this bland-looking, muddy visuals.

Though I never played it anymore the first Flick Bowling still on my iPhone. For me it's a classic. Well, not as classic as Super Monkey Ball, but it's still nostalgic, like Cube Runner, Funky Punch, etc.

13. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Hippieman, do you know when this was submitted to apple??

14. Austin:]

Austin:] Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    I have never even got the first one:(

15. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I lol'd at the bowling locations.

16. FVMatt

FVMatt Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    #16 FVMatt, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2010
  17. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Suggestions:
    1. We should be able to unlock characters, say, by winning more than 20 points against them.

2. These characters could then be used when playing online multiplayer. Why? Because otherwise everyone will use the same generic guy / girl with no difference at all.

3. There should be more in-game animation / sound effects. For example, a 'Boo' when someone throws a gutter ball. And an even louder boo and sad gesture if he does it twice in a row.

4. Do Cleopatra and Napoleon have exactly same animations? The animation looks good on Napoleon, but on Cleopatra it looks weird. She should be a bit more feminine (though in reality she was probably not so feminine). At the moment Cleopatra moves like a tranny.

18. FVMatt

FVMatt Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    1. You do unlock characters in story mode by winning against them :)

2. You can use any of the characters you unlocked in bluetooth and hotseat multiplayer.

3. There is an animation/voice clip for each character then they get a gutterball, when they get a strike/spare and when they win or lose a game.

4. Each character has the same basic set of animations, plus some gender and character specific animations.

19. alexsmokin27

alexsmokin27 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    so does anyone have any recollection of a certain game flick baseball?