★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How often is it necessary to upgrade one's iDevice to play the most-advanced games?

04-09-2014, 04:58 AM
For me it's every 2 years,I buy the iPhone 4,then iPhone 5,cause I can't resist when they're out,sometime I think:no,wait,and buy an iPhone 5s,but it's more strong then me..for an iPad every 2 years the same,if you can afford,then you have the most advanced games all the time..
04-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I agree with jcho, best is every 2 years. And be on the even cycles.
I agree on the 2 yearlu upgrade schedule, but a bit confused. I have come to the conclusion that the S version of the iPhone is the one to get. 3GS, 4S, 5S...

How about for the iPads? My iPad 2 has been supported for so long, so ideally should it be iPad 2, New iPad (iPad 4), then this year's iPad 6/iPad Air 2?
04-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
How about for the iPads? My iPad 2 has been supported for so long, so ideally should it be iPad 2, New iPad (iPad 4), then this year's iPad 6/iPad Air 2?
"The New iPad" was the iPad 3. The iPad 4 was sold as "iPad with Retina Display".

Really though wait for the games that you can't play to come out before you decide to upgrade - unless there's some killer feature (like Retina display) that you want.
04-10-2014, 03:12 PM

I would have to say I am with the people saying every 2 years. I am on the even cycles of phones and have an iPad air also.
04-10-2014, 05:31 PM
I've got an iPhone 4S (which are cheap now on ebay). Runs every game fine. No need for me to upgrade to a 5 or above