Dead Trigger 2 - (by MADFINGER Games, a.s.)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    No one has ask the Dead Trigger Denegration Society Potentate his rating of DT1 :( I feel hurt.

2. Alright then

Mr. Dead Trigger Denegration Society Potentate, what rating would you give Dead Trigger 1 out of five?

3. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I think you got to quit talking about that crappy society of yours. Doesn't add ANY value whatsoever to the discussion. It was fun (and funny) at first, but now it is just pure irritation.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #264 JBRUU, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    At launch, there was little content+IAP heavy. I would give it two stars or 1.5.

Currently, there's an endless mode, more areas, more weapons, I'd have to bestow a 2.5 out of 5. If they added co-op, made the arenas about 5x as big, added about 3 more different zombie types, made the whole thing a little scarier, then I'd consider taking it seriously and removing the tech demo label.

Oh and either ditch the missions thing which gets old really quickly or make then a helluva lot more interesting. Seriously this could be something like L4D2 if they did this right. Oh and better gore. CoD zombies has about the level I'd like, everything is gruesome and meat just flies when you shoot the zombies. Something akin to that for DT2. Then make the lighting and everything about 3x as dark, add a flashlight attachment, don't make zombie spawns so damn predictable.

Actually I'll stop because if I listed all the things I'd like changed for DT2 I'll end up typing for a long time.

This is probably the last post of the Potentate for a while to come, so enjoy all. Currently in negotiations with the Defense Squad's president to minimize casualties for both sides.

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    This pretty much answers your question to me, too, Connector. :D

6. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #266 Darth Nihilus, Jan 16, 2013
    Not even removing that label, just "considering".

Under that logic, about 80% of the games that are not even as solid as DT1 would be considered "tech demos", even CoD zombies fits into this definition better than DT1.

Not even some arcade console titles deserve to be called full games then.

I know no one asked me, but I'd rate it:

3/5 as plain FPS, because there are a couple FPS better than DT1.

As a ZOMBIE FPS I'd rate it 4/5 because it's hands down the best zombie FPS so far IMO.

The gameplay does get old, due to the lack of an objective that will engage you to play more seriously, Controls are Spot on right up there along with the MC series, arguably better, the graphics and sound are 5/5.

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    1) I expect more features, depth and variety out of a modern game than an old arcade one
    2) "tech demo" is the label because the game seems to exist for no reason other than to show off MF's shiny graphics and push iOS hardware

:)

8. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #268 Darth Nihilus, Jan 16, 2013
    Yeah yeah I get it, it's just that I find you ultra high standards kinda funny XD no offence.

But most of the games on the appstore are of arcade nature and with not many features and depth.

Well I don't need much reason for a game to exist, just to entertain, plus, the Unity engine was used several times before as actual Tech demos, search "Angry bots" on iTunes, THAT's a tech demo.

9. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    I don't think DT's a bad tech demo, I think it's an awesome way to show off what your little device can do graphically, but when it comes down to gameplay, it's pretty damn shallow. More of a tech demo than a game, really. :p

10. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Jetpack joyride, angrybirds, infinity blade, supercrate box and I can endlessly go on about other shallow games, at least more shallow than DT.

All I'm saying is, by definition, DT is not a tech demo, one can like it or hate it, but calling it a tech demo is just plain untrue.

11. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    I can party agree on AB and less on IB, but Jetpack Joyride and SCB gave me incentive to keep playing, whereas DT did not.

JJ and SCB had a simple, yet fun, formula that worked super well, whereas with DT, there are just simply way too many zombie shooter that easily could top DT's gameplay.

Not trying to start an argument or anything, just saying that DT could have been something a LOT greater than it was, and maybe DT2 will have what DT lacked.

12. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Nah nah, it's okay, I do agree with you on that that last part, DT could have been a lot better gameplay wise and I have high hopes for DT2 in that respect.

13. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Good, good, I'm glad we can both agree on that! I also hope that Madfinger has learned from the first DT and can make it a premium game with better gameplay and maybe even co-op multiplayer, which would be awesome.

14. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    I keep thinking that the DT controls and mechanics are amazing for competitive multiplayer, but I guess that's too much to ask.

If they don't put co-op, It's imperative that they at least put a proper single player campaign, It's been ages since I play a decent story on the iOS like Dead Space.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Dead Space...there's a game and a series with a special place in my heart. Firemonkeys really set the bar and no one has surpassed yet IMO for any third person action game, and certainly any horror game period unless we're counting TWD.

Man this is really off topic :p

16. Thankyousteve

Thankyousteve Member

Mar 30, 2012
    It was a shame they couldn't pull it off again with mass effect

17. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #277 Darth Nihilus, Jan 16, 2013
    Yeah, I feel the mobile gaming platform is moving up super fast in terms of technology, but in terms of substance and quality games, we're getting nowhere yet, we have all these games that look stunning and not even the 3DS can pull off and the Vita could struggle with, but we have very few actual console experiences like Dead Space, which isn't the most beautiful game, but man it really immerses you in the story and gameplay, I'd pay $20 for that sort of games any day.

Well things tend to get off topic when there's no new info lol.

Oh yeah, it felt so close to be a great game, but it didn't manage to get there.

18. Darth, what about all the Gameloft games? There are quite a few good FPS console like games, and others like Wild Blood or Asphalt 7 that are good too.

19. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #279 Darth Nihilus, Jan 16, 2013
    Yes, They're really good, I don't know if THAT good in terms of story cause you know Gameloft is known for some bad voice acting and bland storylines, but in pure gameplay they're great, GL is my favorite company when it comes to FPS on mobile.

But I think the list is still pretty short compared to the other 2 current handhelds.

For instance Dead space for iOS, as great as it is, the story lasts about 2 or 3 hours to beat, then compare that to the average release for 3ds or Vita.

20. #280 Connector, Jan 16, 2013
    Bah, humbug, all you guys wanna talk about is tech demos. I will show you a top secret tech demo developed by the CIA for me. One of the perks of being President. The number one FPS tech demo in the whole universe.

Ipad as a console
    Airplay compliant
    Hdmi TV
    Gameloft duo gamer bluetooth wireless joystick (shown on bottom)
    Nova 3

Dead trigger can not compete with this as a tech demo.

'Nuff said...

Attached Files: