Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 08-14-2014, 03:29 AM

I'll let him know but he's one of those people who switches it on once a year so he'll no doubt ignore me anyway.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:44 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

If it was me I'd take the cheap route if all you really want is to watch TV/Movies now and again my cheap solution would be a raspberry pi with openelec (XBMC) installed as the OS.

But of course that assumes you either attach a drive of some sort (would probably need the newest board with 4 USB connectors) or set up a NAS to share the files.

Then again theres hundreds of cheap media boxes that you might find more appealing I just like playing with the PI.

Edit: Forgot to mention you can have multiple Os's on different Micro SD cards so you could run Linux or do something like this to play Emulators at will.

Last edited by Teknikal; 08-14-2014 at 10:56 AM..
Old 08-15-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
If it was me I'd take the cheap route if all you really want is to watch TV/Movies now and again my cheap solution would be a raspberry pi with openelec (XBMC) installed as the OS.

But of course that assumes you either attach a drive of some sort (would probably need the newest board with 4 USB connectors) or set up a NAS to share the files.

Then again theres hundreds of cheap media boxes that you might find more appealing I just like playing with the PI.

Edit: Forgot to mention you can have multiple Os's on different Micro SD cards so you could run Linux or do something like this to play Emulators at will.
That can't happen. Or won't. I am a plug and play kind of guy. Zero desire to fiddle with anything.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:01 AM

The only thing people could really help you with is potentially fan noise, and that's variable and assuming people have both "next gen" console. Are any exclusives/franchises important to you, do you want to pay a subscription to play online, if so which one offers the better value for money and free games for your tastes.