Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-19-2012, 01:36 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry View Post
Anyone played both this and cafe Nippon.. Are they too similar? Or Is this worth a purchase?
I don't think they are too similar, but then again I've only played about half an hour of this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Anyone know how if any of the older Kairosoft games have lost their "born on a mobile phone" interface at all?
Game Dev Story is the only one I'd describe like that, it looks horrible IMO all that wasted space. All the others look fine when in horizontal mode, and a bit more cluttered in vertical mode but still OK. This is one of the more cluttered/busy ones.
They all have screenshots in the App Store anyway, so you can see what they look like there...
Old 10-19-2012, 11:46 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Default Game Impressions

Really loving this game so far. Bought it a few hours ago and I've been playing ever since. This game is definitely the most in-depth out of all of the Kairosoft titles released thus far on the appstore... the strategy could even be described as hardcore. You have to manage stock, place employees, change what you sell based on the season, help customers find the right outfit, discover new jobs for your customers and employees, and more-- way more to manage than any other Kairosoft game.

At the same time, however, the game still manages to be simple enough to work well for a casual player like me. It just works. What's great is that having a lot more stuff to manage also eliminates most of the boring waiting present in their other games. If the theme isn't a turn-off for you then i definitely recommend it.

Also-- it's not GameCenter enabled, but there are a TON of built-in achievements ("awards" or "trophies") in this game. Admittedly, some of them are kind of throw-away (such as "get 10 trophies!"), but a lot of them are actually pretty nice.

The one drawback with this game is that there's no landscape mode, so it doesn't play as well on the iPad. But it's great on my iPod. They've even incorporated a 4-directional swiping system-- left and right show you various stats on your stock and customers, and up and down change floors. The floor swiping is a bit finicky, but there are buttons you can tap instead. The stat displays are really useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry View Post
Anyone played both this and cafe Nippon.. Are they too similar? Or Is this worth a purchase?

Arg I hate how kairo always used to put their games on sale for 99c ..it makes me think twice about paying full price. I feel guilty.

I want sushi spinnery.. Itll probably be out next around decemeber 5th is my prediction.. Then beastie bay will probably arrive just before the AppStore closes.
This game is really different from Cafeteria Nipponica.

I can already tell that this game has at least twice (maybe even 3-4 times ) as much replay value as their other games, if that helps any.

Last edited by SkyMuffin; 10-19-2012 at 11:50 PM..
Old 10-24-2012, 01:32 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
Looks like this weeks releases are shaping up to be substandard.
Pocket Clothier is tempting, yes or no buy?
Yes if you like Kairosoft games, no if you don't.
It's got retina text on iPhone 4 and up, which makes it look quite a lot nicer than the ones that don't.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:00 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
Any hints and tips for the game without giving away ultimate combos and such?
Some simple tips, this is from what I've read in guides, and learnt in the very start of the game, I'm only up to year 4 in the game.

Fixtures only effect adjacent shelves/racks/etc not the whole floor.

Shelves/racks/etc have a "good" placement, it will say something like "Window: Good" in the bottom left when you are building them if the spot you have chosen is one of the good ones for that item. I can't remember what benefit putting them in the good location has though...
Fixtures also have good locations, but you don't get told when they are in a good location like you do with the shelves etc. You might like to look up a guide which says what to put where.

When you "enhance" shelves etc (tap on shelf, choose enhance) you are actually improving the clothes on the the shelf not the shelf. So you won't loose the improvement if you delete the shelf, when you next put those clothes on sale they will still have the improvement.

Don't build the elevator, it slows people down.

Lots of things carry over to new games (like in most Kairosoft games), including
designer and clothing levels, staff skills & skill levels, compatibility guide (clothes combos), and other things which I've forgotten.

Each floor of your shop will have a different layout. You might like to look up a list of what floor types are available and which floors you can put them on, there are more floor types than there are floors and some are limited as to where you can put them.

Hopefully that was of some use, but as I said I've not played for very long so I can't really give much more advice!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:47 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

So anyone able to help with something. I negotiated with Kairo Clothing but I can't seem to put their clothes on display, I unlocked their first four outfits but can only display 1.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:51 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Don't get me wrong.. I love kairosoft games.. But don't u guys get bored? Even for the hardcore fans?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:56 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinoaHeartily View Post
Don't get me wrong.. I love kairosoft games.. But don't u guys get bored? Even for the hardcore fans?
Kairosoft and Llamasoft games are pretty much the only stuff that gets played on a daily basis for me.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:07 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Discovered the issue. To display them I needed the showcase which only unlocked when a staff members taste is 300 or above.

Got to say this is one of my favorite Kairosoft titles, only reason I put of playing it before is my previous save was lost during a factory restore and I waited for my iPad Mini before starting it again.