Happy with most IOS game purchases

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Amenbrother, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    So really I am generally pretty happy with a 99c game if I get immersed in it and play it for at least a week lol since games come out every week its hard not to just buy new ones every week and recycle the rest! If I really enjoy a game and I am like addicted to it I generally like to buy some type of like non consumable IAP. Like coin or credit doublers or extra classes or skins like in Heroes & Castles. So there you have it, not sure where I was going with this train wreck but I like all types of games from 99c to $6.99 generally. Then I will get some IAP if I really enjoy them! One more thing in closing, I really dont feel like I wasted any money on IOS games even if I bought and only played once since they are relatively cheap.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I agree, some games for say 99c i may only play a day or two and then delete, i still dont think its a waste of money, 99c is nothing.

And again my usual lecture about the old days, people dont realise how lucky they are to get these quality games for a dollar or two. Tons of action, levels etc. But you still get people moaning 'my 99c game only has 120 levels and i completed it in 3 days, PAH, waste of money' type posts !

I do hope freemium disappears at some point but cant see that happening, but yeah i love iOS gaming, i have found this year not so many epic games as this time last year but still early days yet

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Portability is what makes iOS gaming king for me. I really though the DS line and the PSP lines were going to be my answer, but it was the iOS that came heeding my call. A phone is very much a necessity nowadays, and having it as a gaming device as well is one of the most convenient things for me. After starting to use the ipad3 for work, i slowly put a few game on it, but still preferred the iphone for gaming. I decided to get an iPad mini, and the work-gaming balance on the ipad mini was nothing short of perfect.

Im still using the ipad mini for work, and i now do most of my gaming on it as well. Pretty much a win-win for me.

As for the thread on being happy with iOS purchases, why cant i be? I saved tons of cash in iOS games rather than invest them into a Vita (which i was so close to buying) and the more expensive games that come with it. Sure i may miss a few good titles on the other portable gaming systems, but hey, i am pretty happy with iOS gaming overall.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I work away from home a fair few times, in the old days i used to take a portable dvd player with me or put some games on my laptop

Now my iphone (or ipod) just does it all - books to read, comics to read (love the way they go from frame to frame), movies to watch, podcasts to listen to in the car and of course all the games, a huge variety. If anything theres too many !!

But its amazing what this device does, if i'm waiting somewhere i can just be on my iphone. Amazing device !

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I feel exactly the same way, I always have my phone for texts and calls and can game on it too! My favorite moments are when I am deep into a game fully immersed and then go to look for my phone to text or call someone LOL. I did buy a Vita thinking foolishly it would be better for me in someway, but after spending so much money on games and such I realized nothing comes close to the amount of different games I can play on IOS devices. It's somewhat a gift and a curse for me as someone who gets bored of games rather quickly (unless I really get into them) as I can always just buy different ones day after day with no real repurcussion like a $40 game on the Vita.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Plus for me its all about the gameplay, i dont care for stunning graphics on say the Vita or music or cut scenes.

As long as the gameplay is good then the game will be. Too often i see a game with really nice graphics but the gameplay ruins it.

Thats one reason why i still play lots of old classic retro games, back in those days graphics/sound wasnt always the best but gameplay was, one reason why we're still playing Metal Slug and older titles such as Sonic all these years later.

7. TheJohnnyASDF

TheJohnnyASDF Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Philippines
    What I like about the IOS gaming community is the support for the indie developers.