The Last Guest - VR coming to iPhone !! * * * * * * * *

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by charlesp2, Jun 15, 2009.

1. charlesp2

charlesp2 Member

Apr 26, 2009
    #1 charlesp2, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
    Hello iPhone lovers,

My name is Charles and I'll make this short. I am the single 3d artist and programmer behind the upcoming 3d adventure game for the iPod, "The Last Guest", which is inspired on the 1993 adventure game "The 7th guest"".

I am gauging interest on how many people would enjoy playing/buying a copy of this game for say, $2.99 ? Is this something you would enjoy playing on your iPhone ?

Here are some screenshots :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some more :

http://www.therendercafe.com/T7G4/SecretGuest/Foyer_Entrance.jpg

http://www.therendercafe.com/T7G4/SecretGuest/Foyer_LeftBackPiano.jpg

http://www.therendercafe.com/T7G4/SecretGuest/Foyer_LeftMidRoom.jpg

Some game info :
    ------------------

The game is pre-rendered 3D graphics with an original soundtrack. The gameplay is based on solving simple puzzles that when solved, show you the game's story in full motion video.

The Secret Guest will feature an intriguing storyline, a full motion video story, several game characters, some 16 puzzles of varying difficulty, adventure item hunts (find a cork inside the house or simlar), anagrams, and just plain good-old-fashioned brain teasers.

Of course it will feature these stunning 3d graphics, scaled down to the iPhone's resolution. Yes, it will feature interactive 3d virtual reality-like movement through pre-rendered animated graphics. You will get to see the haunted mansion in full 3d glory on your iPhone.

Who would be interested in playing this? Thanks !

If my name is Charles (and it is..), this WILL be released on iPhone and PC.

Thanks for your feedback! :)

-Charles

2. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  3. charlesp2

charlesp2 Member

Apr 26, 2009
    One question tho : How easy / hard would it be for Apple to approve of the project in the AppStore?

This would be my first commercial project....

4. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    No guarantees that I'd buy it, until I learn more about gameplay, but I am definitely intrigued :)

5. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Damn that is the best graphics i seen in a long time!!!!! Day one purchase for me!!!!

6. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Wait a second...this is the same guy from that Ferrari Golf thread. I am now dubious of this game's existence...

7. charlesp2

charlesp2 Member

Apr 26, 2009
    #7 charlesp2, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
    Yes, I am also the developer of Ferrari Golf 3D... Sigh... Cant a guy just be a talented, hard-working programmer ?

Lol. And yes, I do have the code sitting in my hard drive, for both games.... Ferrari Golf 3D was my test project for learning UNITY programming language.

So this is no lie, guys ;) Want me to post wireframes lol?

There you go, wireframes posted above.

;)

8. thenewconfession

thenewconfession Active Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Ahh 7th guest a reasonable facsimile would be an insta-buy for me!

9. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Yup. It will be another must-purchase but never-to-finish game for me. I will put your game right beside RTMI, Myst and Dream Chronicles lol...

10. I think it would depend on how far the concept went. Would it just be a collection of scenes or would there me full-motion video involved? Don't get me wrong, the graphics are very nice indeed, but I'd be more inclined if the full-motion video were included rather than just flicking from scene to static scene. I'd definitely snap up something like that for $2.99 -- that'd be a bargain.

11. Ooo...shiny

Ooo...shiny Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Chemist
    Bay Area
    I think it looks great. If it had any professor layton similarities it would be an intsa by for me.

12. charlesp2

charlesp2 Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback, guys.

This game WILL be published, and in several platforms at once, for the obvious financial motivations. But also for a love of the genre and because i'd love to make horror adventure games all day long, for a living ;)

Who wants a demo? Lol!

13. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    yeah it's like this dude's running Vapourware Central.

14. charlesp2

charlesp2 Member

Apr 26, 2009
    ... im just trying to make a living lol. and get into the App Store bandwagon like everybody else ;)

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I would pay a million dollars for 7th Guest on the iPhone.

That was my absolute favorite CD-ROM era video game.

16. charlesp2

charlesp2 Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Now THAT's inspiring. You just made my day ;) Thanks. Now continuing work on The Secret Guest, lol.......

17. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Is it going to look like that on the iPod Touch/iPhone?

18. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  19. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

20. charlesp2

charlesp2 Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Yes its going to look exactly like that on the iPhone since the game is pre-rendered 3d graphics, NOT realtime ;)

It will look awesome, the only problem is the amount of detail on each image doesnt quite fit the iPod's small screen, and the game looks very dark in bright daylight... But it's meant to be played in the dark, when you are alone, muhahahahaa..... <evil smile>