Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 08-07-2011, 12:51 PM

Whoa,what a truly unhelpful member,more so for being a senior one.Try being constructive or at the very least Helpful.(triggywiggy that is)

Last edited by asolja; 08-07-2011 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: missed out name of member
Old 08-07-2011, 02:16 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Potticary View Post
Yup, CygnetSeven was bang on the money with Soosiz. Castle of Magic however, feels unbelievably dated now (not in the good retro sense).

If you can live with the 2.99 ($4.99) price of entry, the excellent Giana Sisters has aged very gracefully and would make a fine addition to any self-respecting iTunes collection. Meanwhile, the utterly gorgeous Emberwind has already had one or two shouts and Rayman 2 is just plain boring. Lastly, if you want a properly polished platformer with a half-decent storyline, Elemental Rage is well worth a look too, but personally my three recommendations would have to be:

Supercow: Funny Farm
Pizza Boy
Rolando 2

Supercow is utterly gorgeous, beautifully charming and nicely polished, and with tons of secrets and hidden area's it's stacks of fun too! Pizza Boy is old skool kool all the way and pleasingly challenging, while Rolando 2 is arguably the greatest iOS platformer to date.

There's been some great shouts already, but if you stick to these three (all of them if poss), you'll not go far wrong.

Have fun!
Please tell me that Supercow and Utterly are together on purpose! hahaha
Old 08-07-2011, 02:54 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Thanks a ton. Didn't know about Supercow - just bought it, it's excellent
Old 10-16-2013, 07:53 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Default Monkey Land 3D

Have you tried Monkey Land 3D I made this game and really wanted it to have the fun 3D exploration feel to it.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:57 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibliribland View Post
I've looked trough the AppStore and haven't found anything decent in the field of modern platformers like Mario 64 and banjo kazooie.

Are there really no good platformers? Sounds strange since there are at least 10 decent RPGs and that is a much smaller audience.

Any tips are welcome
Crazy hedgy, maybe?
Old 10-24-2013, 09:32 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
Have you tried Monkey Land 3D I made this game and really wanted it to have the fun 3D exploration feel to it.
Hmmm i did like the look of this and bought it, but found it to be very poor and deleted it soon after. Avoid
Old 11-12-2013, 02:45 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that I did just release an update and a lot of new features might help you like it. The sound can now be turned off, a level select menu really helps show you what needs to be unlocked, there are some little dudes that explain how to move around and jump better and I added a couple levels that have more story in them plus new characters (based on my real life friends). What version did you get and what were the main reasons you didn't like it?

This is the latest version 1.7 it came out on Halloween and since your post is the 24th I don't think you tried this version yet. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monkey-land-3d/id714734930?mt=8
Old 11-14-2013, 05:40 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Monkey land actually looks good.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:43 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry View Post
Monkey land actually looks good.
Just updating this thread with the new FREE version of Monkey Land 3D - Sub Zero. I basically made a new snow world level and made it free, kind of like a demo to try the game out but with extra special features (like snowboarding!) to make it more fun!

iTunes link