What is the genre for these games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Agas, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    We know that there's FPS, RPG, platformers, physics, match3, hide&seek, time management, board, racing, etc that can be used to define certain games. But how do we call the genre of these games, is it like Stupid Games, Micro Games, Test Games, or what? Why do they have to use stupid synonyms?

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

The Moron Test: IQ Brain Games

Kooapps
    Graduate from Moron to Genius as you tap, twist, and shake your way through these fun and tricky mind challenges. Play …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Graduate from Moron to Genius as you tap, twist, and shake your way through these fun and tricky mind challenges. Play brain teasers and mind puzzles that put your wits to the test. Master the game, then laugh as your friends and family struggle with these seemingly simple puzzles! The tricky puzzles include questions that test your memory, reading comprehension, math, patience, problem solving and more! No two questions are exactly alike, but they’re all made to boggle the mind. Prove you’re not an idiot by solving tricky puzzles and brain teasers in record time! Can you tell which item doesn’t belong, or which animal is tallest? The answer might not be as simple as it looks… The Moron Test is one of the most popular mobile games ever, with millions of players worldwide. Play now and experience why The Moron Test is an App Store favorite! The Moron Test - it's fun to FAIL! THE MORON TEST FEATURES: MIND PUZZLES - Tricky tests with simple, addicting gameplay - Challenge yourself with clever questions that get harder as you play - Six levels featuring hundreds of fun puzzles GAMES FOR THE BRAIN - Memory games that test your memorization - Logic games with tricky twists - Knowledge games where you have to think fast - Trivia games putting your knowledge to use - Shapes puzzles with surprising challenges - And more! FUN AND ADDICTING GAMES - Funny characters, sound effects, and music - Global leaderboards and achievements - You will LOVE watching your friends FAIL! MORON TEST LEVELS: - Old School - Late Registration - Winter Break - Food Fight - Skip Day - Tricky Treat NO WIFI GAMES - Play offline games, no internet required Play brain training games and prove you’re not an idiot! Download The Moron Test today.
    Information
    Seller:Kooapps
    Genre:Puzzle, Trivia
    Release:Apr 20, 2009
    Updated:Mar 18, 2024
    Version:6.4.21
    Size:107.2 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Hardest Game Ever - 0.02s

Orangenose Studios
    Ranked #1 (Overall) in US, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, ... Definitely a game you don't want to miss out! From the d…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Ranked #1 (Overall) in US, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, ... Definitely a game you don't want to miss out! From the developers that brought you the world #1 ranking games "Stupidness 2" & "0.03 seconds", you won't want to miss its sequel 'Hardest Game Ever - 0.02s' (0.02s in short)! 0.02s is a series of fun and exciting mini-game that measures your reaction time to the milliseconds and pixels! See how accurate you can shoot at the center of target in pixels and how sharp is your reaction to catch the eggs before they touch the floor in milliseconds! 0.02s promises to bring you hours of adrenaline drain! Complete against the world for highest possible speed and reaction! Challenge your family and friends and find out who's got the fastest reaction on iPhone/iPod/iPad! Featuring: - Multi-language Instructions Supported! (English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian) - 8 Stages x 3 Challenging Levels - Includes OpenFeint so that you can compare your scores with your pals! - Earn additional 10 bonus levels when you get 5 stars for all stages! - Simple yet addictive gameplay! - Enhanced sound effects! Read a few testimonial from our gamers for 0.03 seconds, testimonials don't lie: Amazing! - ★★★★★ by Lainie24 - 10 February 2011 "This game is very fun and very addictive, i Just had to play every level right then. I would definitely recommend this game! Its also a great test game and sometimes very tricky." Great fun! - ★★★★★ by Nickram81 - 06 February 2011 "If you don't have this yet then pick it up. After you master it you will laugh at your friends as they struggle with it." Fun - ★★★★★ by Sarah Childers - 01 February 2011 "I like competitive apps like this one. Seeing how good you are and watching yourself improve is a good pass time." Great fun for young and old alike. - ★★★★★ by stevens321 - 03 January 2011 "Played with my little nephew. Always love to find games we can play competitively and lots of fun." Love it - ★★★★★ by KaylaJade09 - 28 January 2011 "I love this game have it on my iPhone and now the iPad. I get stuck on some levels and just have my friends beat them. Turns into a group competition. LOVE IT ! !" So stupid but brill ! Nuf sed - ★★★★★ by Mmmm cupcakes!! - 29 May 2011 "Amazing it's so addictive and clever! Just finished and gonna reset best game ever and sooo clever !!!!!! Great little game <3" 0.03 Seconds is ranked top 5 in more than 30 countries! You won't want to miss out it's sequel, 0.02s! Download 0.02s now! Note for gamers of Gone in 0.02s: This app is an updated version of Gone in 0.02s with a change in app name and icon. ********************** WARNING: This game contains some simple mini-games that looks way too easy till you try them! Not for the faint hearted!
    Information
    Seller:Orangenose Studios
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Sep 13, 2011
    Updated:Sep 13, 2011
    Version:1.3.0
    Size:14.7 MB
    User Rating:Unrated

Idiot Test - Way too funny!

CreativeNose
    First -> you will fail 'cause you think it is simple then -> you will fail 'cause you think it is hard finally -> you w…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    First -> you will fail 'cause you think it is simple then -> you will fail 'cause you think it is hard finally -> you will fail no matter what you think! Kick yourself when you can't pass seemingly simple questions. Learn to function under pressure and dilemma. Think outside the box to solve clever puzzles that challenge your brain. Get addicted to this hilarious classic that you can't pass but can't give up either. MILLIONS OF CRAZY FANS WORLDWIDE -> I laughed so hard I got a head rush -> Addictive - has taken over my life! -> Just Epic! Incredibly smart questions CRITIC REVIEWS -> The best Moron test to date. Period. -> By far the largest collection of tricky questions -> A quiz that no one can pass at least not easily! For hints, answers, extra questions, fan videos, jokes, feedback, complaints and more, visit us on our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/IdiotTestWayTooFunny. Download now and you are guaranteed to laugh till you cry!
    Information
    Seller:CreativeNose
    Genre:Puzzle, Trivia, Action
    Release:Nov 03, 2011
    Updated:Jun 30, 2019
    Version:6.0
    Size:676.1 MB

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Stupidness 3 PRO

Orangenose Studios
    STUPIDNESS 3 IS RANKED #1 in USA,UK,CANADA,SG,HK,IN,TH,MY! AND TOP 5 IN >10 OVER COUNTRIES! YOU DEFINITELY WON"T WANT TO…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    STUPIDNESS 3 IS RANKED #1 in USA,UK,CANADA,SG,HK,IN,TH,MY! AND TOP 5 IN >10 OVER COUNTRIES! YOU DEFINITELY WON"T WANT TO MISS THIS BLOCKBUSTER GAME! PRO version comes with over 100+ questions, each 10x more tricky than ever! If you think you are good at thinking out-of-the-box, you won't want to miss this game! Features: ✚ ‶Over 100 cunning questions″ ✚ ‶Out of the box answers that you can never guess!″ ✚ ‶Answers to questions provided (just in case)″ ✚ ‶Fun for all ages″ ✚ ‶Post your IQ on Facebook″ ✚ ‶Simple yet addictive″ Testimonials don't lie, read some of our Stupidness 2 reviews: ❝Stupidness Pro 2 would be a great game to pull out at your next party. No matter how old you are, you will find the questions silly, challenging, and somewhat mystifying. It is worth your money if you enjoy comedy and a little witty humor.❞ - AppAdvice.com Amazing - ✭✭✭✭✭ ❝I love this game! It has the best brain teasers! Love love love it!❞ This is an Awesome App!!! - ✭✭✭✭✭ ❝This was one of the best apps I've played. It's so out of the box.❞ Love it! - ✭✭✭✭✭ ❝I'm 7 and play it on my mom's phone every day. Stupidness rocks!❞ Many "Duhs" are in your future - ✭✭✭✭✭ ❝This game is fun because it points out the flaws in your logic and forces you to think... I mean reaaallllyyy think! I feel smarter already. Thanks Stupid.❞ What A Game! :) - ✭✭✭✭✭ ❝This game can be a head scratcher, but I love it. It is fun,clever,tricky and awesome!!! I recommend anyone to download this app!!! :)❞ NOTE: Please turn off ZOOM setting under Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom ❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖ Stupidness 2 PRO earns an average of 4½ Stars! You won't want to miss it's sequel, Stupidness 3 PRO, download now! ❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
    Information
    Seller:Orangenose Studios
    Genre:Action, Puzzle
    Release:Sep 29, 2011
    Updated:Sep 30, 2011
    Version:1.0.0
    Size:16.1 MB

2. Red1