iBooks vs. Stanza

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Epox, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Which do you think is better? Please provide your reasons

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I had problems with stanza but I think I was trying to add to many books in one go for it to handle but still I ditched it afterwards, Ibooks hasn't given me any issues and it's convenient and also has the store built in but I've been doing most of my reading on i2reader.

I wouldn't say i2 reader is really any better than the other two I just have grown accustomed to it.

3. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I love Stanza, but I didn't try any others. I particularly appreciate the ability to change the font size, go reverse colors (light grey on black in my case - great both for reading outside and in the darkness without causing eyestrain), option to lock orientation and ability to load a great variety of text formats into it.

In your place I'd just try it - IIRC it is still free, isn't it? As is iBooks, I think.

4. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Does iBooks store your novels in your device, like songs for iTunes? I use the Kindle app and I have a ton of novels that are stored in a cloud, I guess. I dont see any space on my iPhone being taken up from my Kindle app.

5. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Yep @PhagoCychotic