Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 03-30-2013, 02:31 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaze View Post
Rubicon,

I have been reading touch arcade for the last year or two and have to say that your comments and the way you respond to people is highly unprofessional, you come off as abrasive and sometimes just downright disrespectful. You copied advance wars and think you are some kind of authority on the subject. I will not buy any of your games, your attitude sucks, not just on this occasion. I have seen you called out on this before. Learn to respond properly and try treat your potential customers with more respect. Did you really need to moan about the originality of the post and use pathetic "lmao" jibes.

Maybe take some pr training, you need it.

Ok, after 2 minutes of laughing, I am able to type again.

Since when do we need to educate the devs about behaviour? And how many times has a forum member pissed off a dev who hadn't the chance to answer properly and swallow every insult/trolling/insolence? No, it's always the old "your customer is king"-attitude. But respect only works BOTH ways. Have you read the postings BEFORE Rubicon answered? Some people are only able to dish out but can take nothing. But what goes around, comes around. And when a dev finally gives you a deserved telling-off, you guys start to pout. Respect, on the other hand, needs to be earned. I have a completely other job than Rubicon - but if somebody tries to step on my toes, I can only hope that the person can take the answer. I really wonder that most devs stayed calm so far. If somebody would come up to you and tell you that your product you've worked on hard for a year is not even worth 3 bucks, I'd really like to see you reaction.

We should now rename "touchArcade" to "touchyArcade".

Last edited by Vovin; 03-30-2013 at 03:41 AM..
Old 03-30-2013, 04:03 AM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Can't think of anything more to say. Was gonna ask if any of the developers have been contacted about the rumoured apple joystick, but maybe I should ask in a new thread. Unless someone knows something big.
Any dev that says they know about this is most likely lying. If Apple has indeed been showing this thing off, it'll probably be just to the bigger developers with something to lose if they break the ironclad NDA they'll have to sign.