Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-10-2014, 09:53 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBlue View Post
How upgraded should I get the Veneno to break 1:09 on Barcelona? I'm coming in at 1:14 without nitro/tuning and first level upgrades, but I'm also not sure I have the ideal line after the water jumps. I currently cut the curve sharp to drop into the lower street and then pop back up on the first ramp to the upper right street to pick up the yellow nitro. From there, I hang to the right and then veer to the middle to pick up the blue and yellow before dropping to the lower street again to get the yellow on the left.
To break 1.09... I would think you need to be fairly close to maxed. Due to the fact that it is not that best car for the job if you know what I mean

You have the right line falling in the trench (I call it) but stay down and collect all the blues on the left use all the pillars in the middle of the tunnel and stay tight and clean to the stripe. If you have the right stuff you do not need the yellow bottle right before the finish line
Old 03-11-2014, 01:03 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo 343 View Post
Main thing will be that it will break the current jailbreak that the hackers are using. Now they will need to update them selves... which they will prolly not do....and Asphalt 8 needs to update them selves to take advantage of this. It will still take time to be in place all around but a step in the right direction for sure.

Edit: Main reason they state that for the 4... is that 7 on the 4 sucks big time. Bad enough it got me to leave the iPhone format after a life time of being an apple user. Should be better for all devices.
Well, now I have iOS 7.1 om my 4S and it rocks! No more slowdowns with Asphalt 8, no more reboots every single time I want to play. It seems they removed fancy animations and other silly things from memory (no more zoom in effect when you double click the home button to show tasks, for example), and it performs much, much better. I was finally able to race without a single slowdown/hiccup with an S-class car!

I'm still missing 36 stars for total game completion. I just bought the Mercedes S-class, which opened me two new events. I'll leave them for tomorrow and the day after tomorrow for easy double-coin races
Old 03-11-2014, 01:49 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Well, now I have iOS 7.1 om my 4S and it rocks! No more slowdowns with Asphalt 8, no more reboots every single time I want to play. It seems they removed fancy animations and other silly things from memory (no more zoom in effect when you double click the home button to show tasks, for example), and it performs much, much better. I was finally able to race without a single slowdown/hiccup with an S-class car!

I'm still missing 36 stars for total game completion. I just bought the Mercedes S-class, which opened me two new events. I'll leave them for tomorrow and the day after tomorrow for easy double-coin races
Very Nice good to know
Old 03-11-2014, 02:29 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo 343 View Post
To break 1.09... I would think you need to be fairly close to maxed. Due to the fact that it is not that best car for the job if you know what I mean

You have the right line falling in the trench (I call it) but stay down and collect all the blues on the left use all the pillars in the middle of the tunnel and stay tight and clean to the stripe. If you have the right stuff you do not need the yellow bottle right before the finish line
Would I be better off going with the Elemento? I've got both at roughly the same level. Kind of don't want to blow credits on upgrades since I still have to buy the Koenigsegg and RUF 12 to complete single player.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:46 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotally View Post
It's been great but I am really looking forward to spending a lot of time with a younger version of you when the time comes.
But...but...I haven't even raced all of your ghosts yet!? Oh well, at least you won't degrade me further once I manage to beat you by 0.001 second.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:33 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Dear Asphalt 8,

You have been good to me but it is time to say goodbye. I have finally obtained all your achievements and can probably race all your tracks blindfolded. It's been great but I am really looking forward to spending a lot of time with a younger version of you when the time comes. Also, you're getting kinda fat.
I think Asphalt 8 still be the best iOS option.

Try Ridgediculous Racer: Slipstream
Old 03-11-2014, 07:47 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan't Ponic [ModProof] View Post
I think Asphalt 8 still be the best iOS option.

Try Ridgediculous Racer: Slipstream
Me too! I bought it for $1 when it was released, along with C and D car packs. Uninstalled after playing, and installed again in January, bought the B car pack and played to death until now It's one of the best racers on iOS, and I guess GL still makes money from it so it supports it a lot
Old 03-11-2014, 12:21 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBlue View Post
Would I be better off going with the Elemento? I've got both at roughly the same level. Kind of don't want to blow credits on upgrades since I still have to buy the Koenigsegg and RUF 12 to complete single player.

It will depend on your stats at your current upgrade levels I would have to guess yes. But the top speed at your levels amy make a difference. But both maxed the Sesto is the car for that race.... I hope that helps.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Bird View Post
But...but...I haven't even raced all of your ghosts yet!? Oh well, at least you won't degrade me further once I manage to beat you by 0.001 second.
Do it! Btw, how are you still playing? I had clocked almost 5 days of gameplay. How many hours do you have?....come on let it out.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:40 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Do it! Btw, how are you still playing? I had clocked almost 5 days of gameplay. How many hours do you have?....come on let it out.
Hah....Is that all....

I am at 6.5 days currently...maybe that is sad huh