Query regarding updates

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by spidey, Apr 13, 2011.

1. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    I have more than two hundred games on my iPod, and this is after deleting tons of them which I thought I wasn't going to play. This whole update business is quite a hassle for me. I tend to be on travel quite a bit and don't get to access WiFi. Invariably when I open my iTunes on the laptop there are about 50 games waiting to be updated. And this list keeps getting longer. How do you guys manage your updates? Does everyone download every latest update available for every app they have on their iDevice?

PS: I remember an older thread on this, but don't remember the discussion or the solution.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I go through all my updates about once a week, always through iTunes. Sometimes if it's a huge game like Infinity Blade I'll leave it for ages though... and occasionally I'll just delete an app instead of downloading the update if it's something I won't play much anyway.

3. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    I did the same thing as you... And ended up with over 60 updates waiting.

The process of choosing which updates to apply became annoying.

So, i reviewed all my apps, deleted the rubbish ones entirely (device and iTunes) and then hit the update all button for the remainder.

It's so nice to have a couple of updates in the list now.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Lol I download everything as soon as they're out..why would you wait. Even if you have a shitload, just leave your computer on overnight..200+ paid apps on my iPod, 600+ on iTunes. Not sure where the problem is..

5. DarwinAce

DarwinAce Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    yea... if you have a big library the best thing to do is to update almost everyday.

I remember when i had around 500 apps, i didn't updated for about a month, after that there was so man updates that it took a couple of days to update them all since everytime i updated it crippled my internet uplink.

currently i have 727 apps, and i update daily... usually there's around 1 to 3 updates a day, and i can get them out of the way in a few minutes.

If you delete the game, you won't get the updates, i was worried that i was still going to get bugged by the updates for the games i didn't liked, but as long as they are out of the library, they won't bug you.

6. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    I download whatever games I like. Then I update all apps whenever I'm not using my iPod. Notably, whenever I'm charging my iPod, I'll hot the download all button and then do something else.

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yep, that's what I don't have a single free game. All the crappy paid ones get deleted as well.

8. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    i don't really spend that much money (about 30ish dollars total), but i get almost every single free app through free app a day and top ten, so i had about 600 apps
    i update almost every day, but my library is on my home computer, so its notreally a problem
    i'm kinda ocd about it
    i can never leave an app un updated, especially on my ipod
    i went insane when there was the itunes bug that always said there was an app to update even when there wasnt
    but basically, i update constantly

9. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Looks like patience is the key. Got to search for a zen instructor :)