Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Interesting...

If I show up in a PvP room with Perseus and my WB/Nova, will I do OK?

DBC

2. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    It might take a while to get the hang of PvP, but those two are quite effective in PvP overall, yes. Map layout and strategy will also come into it, which is why I'd like to encourage you to give it a little time before deciding if players are too tough for you in PvP -- if you'd like me to give you some ideas, I can happily oblige, particularly against certain problem weapons and set-ups :)

Regarding the Windblade: If you've got the Cygni equipped, you're essentially a ninja for all intents and purposes - dash forward and slash people before they can shoot you (preferably before they can SEE you too if you can manage that), and they'll probably die within one or two seconds.

Do note, however: trying to use the Windblade on a Perseus-opponent isn't that effective, because the armour reduces melee damage by 30%. In that respect, the Trinity (coughJediKnightcough) may now be more powerful than the Windblade as a close-range weapon, but the WB can still hack Perseus users to shreds - it just takes a bit longer, relative to the defences of other armours.

An unglitched Nova is fairly mediocre, but once it's glitched, it's the most well-rounded weapon you can bring into PvP. There are no real strategies to counter a Nova user besides simply getting the pre-emptive strike, as it's very much an all-range weapon -- especially when it's firing faster than the M-27 in its glitched state.

3. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    The 20% non hit? Kind of useful, once got sniped but not sniped. Mwuahaha. Confused yet?:p Also during respawn(enemy respawn 15 seconds) I can get about 1/4 health back. Also the no-hit thing well is quite useful when seeing LITs and crabs because of medium fire rate and so I can onl take 4/5 of their damage...

4. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    You got that right.:p

5. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    What level is your nova now?

6. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    My only problem with this pack? 6-armed legolas lost a leg.:eek:

7. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    How about the dracula as a health regen pack?

8. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Pfffft. What do you think? You know how I roll...:cool::rolleyes::p;):D

Uhm... guys? I think I actually enjoyed TDM.:eek:

My teams won all three times, and I got a bunch of kills, and yeah, I kind of liked it.:eek:

DBC

9. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    What does tdm mean? Also so it is level 8 right? :p

10. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    It means team death match. How's the health regen pack? Whats your strategy with it?

11. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    110 mithril! Can't afford.

12. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    What Enjoo said, and yes.:D

DBC

13. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    My stratehy is the same as always, just I have to be more aggressive so I can risk more health but kill more. After they are dead, I hide and have about 15-20 seconds to get 1/4 to 2/7 th of my health. Then again and again, nova in and then trinity out. BOOM Everything but me dies.

14. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Wow I died in DR while doing the weapon switch. My teamate was missing with his sniper rifle and it was very awkward using the weapon switch

15. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I personally hate the "rolling switch" for weapon changes. If Freyr introduced an option to just have a pushbutton switch, I would jump for joy...;)

DBC

16. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Yeah. That would be great for my 3 weapons. But for 5/6? Might take too much of the screen

17. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I'm actually talking about one switch that you press repeatedly. While the scroll seems like it would save time, in practice I end up not switching half the time...

Did I mention I think I might be getting addicted to TDM?:eek::rolleyes:;):D

DBC

18. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Im losing my skill in PvP. How about Vsing 10-12? Thode guys keep killing me

19. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I have no skill in PvP, which is probably why it's fun. I'm blissfully ignorant of how terrible I am... although I did get the most kills in my last TDM...;):D

That bow is really starting to look interesting...

What is "Vsing 10-12?"

DBC

20. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    But thats 200 mithril. How much mithril do you have? I might grind to get that health regem pack. Like battling rank 10-12