04-21-2015, 01:45 PM
Hi,

Are there any updates on the Ice Age expansion?

Thank you.
04-21-2015, 04:41 PM
Almost done, at least for the 1.0 version! We have the initial new monsters, buildings, and spells (both for the paid part of the expansion, and the free stuff), along with about a dozen levels. We'd really like to have more total levels and variations than we do right now, but what we'll probably do is finally get this version out the door soon, and then do a quick minor update after that to add a handful more levels and fix whatever we've broken in the big change.

04-21-2015, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricket View Post
Almost done, at least for the 1.0 version! We have the initial new monsters, buildings, and spells (both for the paid part of the expansion, and the free stuff), along with about a dozen levels. We'd really like to have more total levels and variations than we do right now, but what we'll probably do is finally get this version out the door soon, and then do a quick minor update after that to add a handful more levels and fix whatever we've broken in the big change.
I know I've got my money ready for the expansion. I actually just replayed this game again recently, and it reaffirmed my belief that this is a Top 5 TD game. Great replay value, great production value, and the card collecting twist keeps me coming back. Though I must admit that I find the iPad version superior, and that's the version I play. Then again, most games work better on my iPad.
04-22-2015, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7905 View Post
I know I've got my money ready for the expansion. I actually just replayed this game again recently, and it reaffirmed my belief that this is a Top 5 TD game. Great replay value, great production value, and the card collecting twist keeps me coming back. Though I must admit that I find the iPad version superior, and that's the version I play. Then again, most games work better on my iPad.
Thanks! Yeah, we like it, and we also have to admit that we prefer the iPad version. We did our best to compromise the gameplay for the iPhone screen, but that's still what it is: a compromise, rather than the best play it could be.

We've submitted a new build to the App Store today. We've already found some goofy things we left in (like a mammoth card that just says "Shaggy!" for the description .. whoops!), but those can get fixed in a small update release. This will have all the new paid content, and a bunch of free stuff, as well -- new towers and summonable units and all that. We've been having a blast testing it, so hopefully you'll enjoy it as well!
04-22-2015, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Thanks! Yeah, we like it, and we also have to admit that we prefer the iPad version. We did our best to compromise the gameplay for the iPhone screen, but that's still what it is: a compromise, rather than the best play it could be.

We've submitted a new build to the App Store today. We've already found some goofy things we left in (like a mammoth card that just says "Shaggy!" for the description .. whoops!), but those can get fixed in a small update release. This will have all the new paid content, and a bunch of free stuff, as well -- new towers and summonable units and all that. We've been having a blast testing it, so hopefully you'll enjoy it as well!
Whoa!, that was much faster then I anticipated, which is not a complaint. I remember reading that the expansion will only cost $2, if I remember correctly, is that still the case? And more importantly, how many new levels did you guys add in the paid expansion? You're running out of room on the map as it is already! Again, not a complaint.
04-23-2015, 08:34 AM
Quote:

That is awesome. I'll look for it tonight when I get home. I think you should leave the Shaggy card though!
04-23-2015, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7905 View Post
Whoa!, that was much faster then I anticipated, which is not a complaint. I remember reading that the expansion will only cost $2, if I remember correctly, is that still the case? And more importantly, how many new levels did you guys add in the paid expansion? You're running out of room on the map as it is already! Again, not a complaint.
The timing was just coincidence -- we've had the expansion up around 90% complete for a while, and realized we just needed to get it out so people could start playing it, and fix the little bugs that come up later, rather than waiting forever. And yes, the paid portion costs $1.99 -- it's basically like one additional new chapter for the game.

The new paid part actually gets its own new map screen, to make more room. The original map is roughly broken up into three sections (desert, forest, spooky), each with about 10-12 levels. The new map (all ice) got 12 for this chapter, which means they're much more spread out for now. We have other levels that are partially complete but not quite ready for prime time, which we'll add in over time.
04-23-2015, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosjeep View Post
That is awesome. I'll look for it tonight when I get home. I think you should leave the Shaggy card though!
That's the problem of having placeholder text showing up for so long ... we get completely used to it until someone points it out!