Looking for an Experienced Graphic Designer

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Visionary, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Visionary

Visionary Member

Jul 1, 2009
    #1 Visionary, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    Hey All,

I'm currently working on my first iPhone game and I have a talented artist who is helping me design all the menus on paper. Unfortunately he is not very good at photoshop.

So I'm looking for a talented production artist to color in all the menus on photoshop.

I'll scan his work onto the computer and send it to you for you to work on.
    The game is a quirky, cartoon-styled game so this is the type of style you'll be coloring the menus with.

Let me know if you are interested,

Visionary

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Visionary, I think what you're looking for is production artist, rather than a graphic designer. A graphic designer would have worked with you from the start to develop the look and feel of the menus. A production artist's scope tends to be more limited, focusing (usually) on executing designs created by someone else.

The good news for you is that production artists tend to have a lower hourly rate than graphic designers...

3. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    Excellent point. It also depends on the type of game and what its using to render. Visionary, regardless of whether you need a concept artist to do mock ups and UI work or if you need production artist for implementing those designs, you might want to give a proper job description and detail what needs to be done.

4. mjonesgraphics

mjonesgraphics Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Artist/Designer
    Washington DC area
    While I agree with the other posters in this thread there are still those of us old enough to be classed as "generalist". I'm sure that you could find someone with a few days spare to work on your menus. ;)

wink, wink

5. caboos

caboos Member

May 19, 2009
    I have several years of experience in photoshop, I can post some of my designs if you'd like.

Pm me if your interested

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Good point. Didn't mean to suggest that people can't do both.

7. danrel

danrel Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Software dealings-with-er, Illustrator
    Central NC
    Graphic/Production Artist

Hi Visionary,

I've got over five years experience using Illustrator and Photoshop, among other various art applications. I also have countless years of experience creating hand-drawn sketches and pen & ink illustrations.

I've already helped out some folks that are using GameSalad to create their iPhone games, so I do have some experience in in-game graphics.

PM me if you'd like to see some of my work later this evening when I get home.

Thanks,

- danrel