Gameloft live app

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by rhljk14, Feb 9, 2012.

1. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    #1 rhljk14, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
    Has anyone checked out the Gameloft Live app on Android yet. Should be on iOS soon and curious about it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Who the H would download for GL sucky online service !?

3. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    Well that's why I am curious. Specifically how much interaction it has with the games. I'm still into Order & Chaos, Modern Combat 3, TinTin, and Asphalt 6; among others. I do understand that there are a lot of Gameloft haters, but I am not one of them.

4. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Gameloft Live is, or was, the only online iOS service whose achievement system remotely interested me. This has been lessoned somewhat by their partial switch to Freemium gaming. There are so many casual/social games that utilize services like Openfeint and Game Center, that the achievements "earned" from those services don't mean anything. The grand sum of Game Center achievements that any one person has accumulated holds no value, because Game Center is over saturated with 0.99c mini games that essentially give their achievements away for nothing, just for you playing something that, in my opinion, barely amounts to a game at all. You didn't earn or really "achieve" anything. The whole becomes watered down and pointless.

Gameloft, on the other hand, has very few games that don't require at least some level of actual achievement in order to unlock various achievements.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I don't care about the service itself, but it is handy to add friends to play with them on MC3. I wish this new live app would bring voice chat to mc3, its frustrating when team mates do stuff you dont want them to do...

6. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Personally, I'm rather excited to see how this will turn out.

7. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    When I saw this post my first thought was oh Gameloft are probably trying to sell user data now. You can call my cynical but I'm probably right anyway.

8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#8 Der-Kleine, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
    If they were doing that, then they could have been doing that over the last few years, you're still using the same Gameloft Live account as you were years ago here, it's not like you have to sign up for a new one.

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    How's the service? While playing MC3, I noticed you were online on Gameloft Live for Android.

10. Der-Kleine

I might make a video of it once I've gone to the Apple Store and replaced my iPod... (Power button is stuck).

I think my NOVA background thingy in the app is pretty cool! :p

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Your iPod buttons aren't working either? For me it's the home button... I want to think it's iOS 5.0.1, which it may be...

12. Der-Kleine

#12 Der-Kleine, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
    Well it's stuck, so it's not a software problem. Or I probably should say it was stuck, because I just got back home from the Apple Store with a refurbished iPod, so now I have one where everything works. :) (and it doesen't have two tiny scratches on the screen like the other one! :D )

Ok, time to make that video...

Btw, I'll say one thing about the GL Live app: The background music is really nice! :D

13. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Well mine ain't stuck and it sometimes responds, but I gotta hold it for long and then it goes to that voice thing...

14. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Seems like the performance rate is not that good, but still looks like an awesome app, thanks for the vid! And thanks for using me as an example :)

15. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011

Buy your 100th Gameloft game...
    Get 250 friends...

16. Der-Kleine

Nobody is forcing you to get all achievements.

I hope that was okayyy with you. And haha, I have more achievements in the Gameloft Live app. :p

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    got 3 random users adding me cause of the video :p

18. Der-Kleine

I hope you don't mind! ;)

19. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011