Arcane Clash - new TCG/CCG by ByteGlow

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ByteGlow, Mar 5, 2010.

1. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    #21 IzzyNobre, May 19, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
    1) Maybe spruce up the card layout. Give it some color...? Check out Orions interface:

[​IMG]

You guys should definitely take some pointers from that screenshot ;) Orions is a great game but the devs took a shit on their fanbase and never delivered the promised updates. I'm all for someone else stepping up to the plate and delivering on what others failed to.

2) ASYNCHRONOUS MULTIPLAYER. Please? Pretty please? AM is the ONLY way to play multiplayer on a mobile platform. Please? PLEASE?

I have a gaming/humor website that gets about 10k pageviews a day, a twitter account with just under 7 thousand followers, and a youtube account with 1000+ subscribers (I'm a minor internet celebrity haha).

If this game is good, rest assured you'll get TONS of publicity from me ;)

2. AnAdolt

AnAdolt Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Canada
    Again, just a beta-tester here and not a dev.

Awhile back, the main programmer(and only?) for AC(Arcane Clash) went and bought Orions to check out the bar that's been set. Before that, there were talks of having many of the graphical elements that you see from that screenshot, such as spell effects and a skinned GUI. The current interface is such because it's the bare essentials and development is heavy in coding and card balancing right now. The interface will be getting a major re-haul since it was designed by a programmer and they haven't contracted graphic artists to work on the GUI yet.

The game is planned to have future updates and more cards. That talk has came up many times. However, that will probably depend on how successful AC does in the App Store. So if you like the game and want to spread publicity about the game, that'll definitely help the success of the game.

The initial release of AC will have multiplayer and that's technically the bulk of our testing right now. It's pretty fun and I hope the server can handle it when there will be much much more than just the beta team playing online.

3. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Well, I'm really hopeful for this game. I think the iPhone lends itself beautifully to the TCG genre.

Orions had the potential for greatness, but unfortunatelly they didn't think it was worth the effort. I'm glad someone else stepped to the plate.

Like I said, I'll be talking about that game a lot on my site and twitter once it lands.

4. WHITEY TA

WHITEY TA Member

Jun 25, 2010
    any updates? anymore beta signups?

5. Slaysme

Slaysme Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Wow. I hope it all pans out well. Looks like it could be cool, but they had better hurry. Seems that a slew of these are on the way.( not a complaint) I'd help test ..hint, prod, interrogate, just drop some info !

6. Aegis

Aegis Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
  7. Ajbrawllvr

Ajbrawllvr New Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Submitted!!

Well this forum is kinda dead, but I just submitted my application so I hope I'm not too late!

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    What the heck happened to this?

9. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Don't know. The dev forums went silent and the project just seemed to disappear. A shame, cuz it was a decent game.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So.
    This.
    Just.
    Went.
    *POOF*

11. ByteGlow

ByteGlow Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Independent Developer
    Norway
    We've been away from the project for quite a while, but it's not dead :)

We added asynchronous multiplayer a couple of weeks ago, and are currently working on finalizing the GUI, as well as finding a graphic artist who can make it all pretty.

Thanks for your interest!

12. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Oh nice. Glad to hear you guys didn't give up on it.

13. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Great!! Looking forward to seeing this. Cant believe you went away from the project for that time though!! It looks great! Get it out.

14. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Sure you have....

Epic necro-post, but anything post reminded me of this so I dug it up.

What the heck happened? Dev submitted then not. That's a lot of time and money to blow getting it that far for nothing

15. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Damn, I just missed another 1 year anniversary of; what the heck happened?