List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Not much between them. One really clever level right at the end. But I do enjoy these types of games so they are forgiven for the similarities

2. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Has anyone tried Father Frost?

3. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I hope that you folks may be able to help me. I loved The Secret of Monkey Island on my iPod, but Le Chuck's Revenge just wasn't doing it for me, because the graphics are so much smaller.

I have now finally got an Ipad 2, but I remember hearing that there were some severe problems with the iPad version. Does anybody remember if it was the case on all iOS versions or are there exceptions? Does it make any sense to buy an iPad version or should I just suck it up and play the iphone one 2x? TIA.

4. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    #3064 paul.hendricks, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  5. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    #3065 paul.hendricks, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
    Duplicate

6. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
  7. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Good. These sort of games have been few and far between lately. Have been going through my catalogue and playing some oldies. Just finished Stone of Destiny, which I was not impressed with at all. On to Dracula Resurrection.

8. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Between the description and screen shots this game has a strong Cardboard Castle vibe going for it, which would not be a bad thing at all since Cardboard Castle was a great game.

9. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Another new one coming. A bigger and better game from the makers of The Hauntening

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    This is awesome and frustrating at the same time. I just don't have the time to play all these cool looking games! I recently picked up Detective Backroom-S and Disconnect, both of which look cool, but haven't had the chance to touch either of them yet. Oh, and in case anyone is interested, Crow is currently on sale for 99 cents: iTunes Link

11. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Anybody played Lume? It's on sale at the mo

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Haven't played it yet, but that's another one I'm probably going to add to my list today :p From what I remember on the forums it was cool but way too short.

13. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Downloaded it. At least if it's short I'll get a chance to finish it :)

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Good point!

15. There are so negative reviews now for Crow, that I'm not sure I want it even for $1 now. It seems like something I'd enjoy for a few minutes and then get tired of it.

Finally finished TinTin, and was surprised how different it was from the movie (and it ends kinda prematurely). But overall a decent, albeit kind of easy, game.

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Hey, that's another one I need to play :) Still need to see the movie too (I have that sitting around at home as well).

17. Watch the movie first. Even though the game changes a lot of the plot, it can still ruin it for you. Also, they seem to have dumbed down the game quite a bit for kids. Even the plot -- Captain Haddock isn't a drunk in the game! I do like how varied the gameplay is or each level, though.

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Well the fact that you think there's even some merit to the game means the developers have done their job better than most on a movie-to-game conversion. There have been very few of those that have been worth playing. Two of my favorites are on the iOS platform, though: Predators and Avatar. Maybe this will be a third :)

19. I have those two as well! Loved Avatar, but the camera is so bad on some levels, that I never finished it. Just so hard to hop the floating rocks.
    I also wish they would have updated it to allow you to replay old levels. I loved riding around on the 6-legged horse, but can't get back to it without playing the whole game through again :(

And predators is great, too. Will have to go back to it one day and complete it.

20. So did any of you buy Crow? Any thoughts?