Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-29-2013, 11:27 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakara214ever View Post
A really amazing game ruined by the iap system. Deleted.
Hi sakara214ever, glad to hear you find the game amazing! But sorry to hear you have deleted it

In regards to the IAP, I would really appreciate if you could give me some feedback on exactly you don't like about it? Looking forward to hearing some feedback.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:37 PM

First of all NetDevo i would like to thank you because as a player i was really excited to play the game. I really loved the simplistic but so fun menu and of course the Facebook thingy that made my friends think a lot . I believe the levels go from simple to difficult in a very smooth way. For example every level is almost the same as the previous but also a little more difficult. Believe it or not i liked almost every aspect of it. The buttons sound the general music the colors the way it made me think (i really love maths). You just took maths to a more fun level.
So to the point. I played and finished all my free moves so it was time to pay real money. No problem, i like to support devs who make exceptional games not from big companies such as E.A. Gameloft etc. And i would. But how? There is no way for me to count how many moves i am going to need in the game i do not even know how many levels there are in the game. Of course even if i knew i would not know how many moves i would need cause obviously the levels keep getting harder (which is good for the player but not good-in this particular game- for the player who wants to pay real money-such as myself). Ok it was obvious that i would not pay 0.89 for 200 moves they were too few. And then i said ok i will pay 2,69 for 1000 moves. But what if i needed 500 moves? Why sould i pay more money?
And then comes the update with the unlimited moves 5,49 if i am right. So if a player needed 3000 moves before the update and have paid almost 8 for the game (too much money believe me) how would he know he should have waited for the update?
What i am trying to say is that there is no way that anyone knows even approximately how many moves he needs to finish the game cause we are talking about Maths. There are many parameters such as how good someone is with maths how many moves he needs at level 100 for example. I played the game and reached level 35 and my friend reached level 26 in the free mode. So some people may pay 5,49 and finish it and others may pay 7 and finish it. I think this is unfair. BUT this is just my opinion.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:45 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Hi sakara214ever, thanks again for the fantastic and detailed feedback! Really glad you like the game design, audio and mechanics.

With the IAP, I wish I had included the UNLIMITED MOVES pack in the initial release.. However I am happy the updated version has it and is out now and I feel really lucky that Apple reviewed it so quickly!

When I was working on the IAP, my main goal was to create a proper FREE TO PLAY game and remove all the paywalls, so players can keep playing the game for free forever.

So anyone can download the full version of the game for free, play all the levels and there's never a point in the game where you have to pay in order to progress. Even when you run out of moves or hints, they will grow back over time (1 move every 2 mins and 1 hint every 30 mins) so players just have to wait a little bit to get free moves and hints to keep playing for free. There's never need to grind to earn virtual currencies, etc..

For those players who don't want to wait or those who really love the game and want to invest into it or those want to support the developer there's the IAP options.

I totally agree with you that is virtually impossible to estimate how many moves you'll need to complete the entire game in one go.. I think for casual players that have quick play sessions and are usually happy to wait, the 200 moves can come in handy if they feel like having a longer session one day. The 1000 moves should enable you to go several levels or even days without running out of moves which could also be handy in some occasions. I guess the unlimited means total freedom to play when you want for as long as you want without interruptions.

There's currently 170 uniques levels and I plan to keep adding 10-15 news levels every week so there's always new levels to play. The plan is to have multiple brains packed with hundreds of levels.

Also as you progress you will always keep discovering new types of slots with unique mechanics so that the game is always challenging and exciting! You probably already seen the stripy and cloners right? There's loads of special slots like those already there and more coming with the future updates!

I really hope this helps explain the IAP a bit better and wish you could give UNPUZZLED another go? I would love to hear what you think of the rest of the levels and their mechanics?
Old 07-29-2013, 10:43 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Hi NetDevo,

I would like to thank you for the game and the new update. It's such a delicious mental food to me and those who love maths and puzzle games, I believe

I think the point of this game is quickness. So I want to share you this idea, it may help make our game better. Let's assume each level has a certain duration for players to solve them, its length depends on its own difficulty. The player will be rewarded a number of moves if they finish the level before running out of time, this number of moves depends on how quickly they solve it. Similarly, their moves will be taken away if they can't finish the brain test in time, and the longer extra time they use, the less moves they remain. It's more fair, right?

Moreover, I think we should not minus the moves when each number piece is placed for the first time. Players who solve the level fluently and in time deserve to get their moves maintained. Their moves are only taken away when they replaced any number piece, that's the way it should be, I think
Old 10-19-2013, 01:02 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Sounds like you missed the point tho. The game IMO is not based on speed. It's based on solving a puzzle. My favourite part is that I can sit and look about the puzzle for a whole before solving it.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:55 PM

I was going to give this game a try, but I can't find the IAP for unlimited moves which I wanted to purchase. What happened to that update that is supposed to include this IAP?
Old 10-19-2013, 02:08 PM

Same here - never buying a game where I need to pay every few days if I get really into it... but happy to pay a fair price for a full unlocked version of this that has unlimited moves. Perhaps $2.99?

But hey if the dev is getting rich from his current methods then good luck to him. If not, he may want to consider a fully unlocked approach instead...

Jamie.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:00 AM

One of my favourite puzzle game, it's cool to play with my friend to sovle the puzzle, some easy but some extremely hard