Kart Racer with Original iDevice Characters?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kiwii, Aug 29, 2009.

?

Do you want to see a game like this?

1. YES!!!!

47 vote(s)
    78.3%
  2. No...

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Maybe...

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Don't Care.

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Kiwii

Kiwii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    #1 Kiwii, Aug 29, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
    Konami's Krazy Kart racers are from different games... And I'd like to see a new Kart racer game with Original App Store characters. I'd love to see that, and maybe other people would? Kart racer characters could be a Pocket God Character with a wooden kart and coconut wheels, or the Doodle Jump character with a doodle kart. A Fieldrunners character with a heavy duty kart. Minigore character with... a Minigore kart... Envirobear 2010 as EnviroBear in a pixelated kart. Zombieville's Zombie with a yellowy, bloody kart. The list goes on!

To decide which certain amount of Developer Characters could be in the game, there could be a website where it recruits developers with original and good characters that would participate in this game. Then people can vote for their top whatever and the top whatever will be in the game. What would help people decide would be concept Karts of the characters.

I think I'm just tired and dreaming but I think this would be cool. And the devs could share the money if they want... 30% for Apple, (For example) 7 different devs 5% each dev, and the rest of the 35% would go to the person who makes the game. Or maybe the game can get the developers character for free and have the characters advertise their game when you choose your racer. Like if you slide to choose a kart, above the kart would be logo for the game and if you click it it'll ask if you want to leave the app. Then it'll take you to the App Store

This game could be iKart or iKart Racing. Yeah the "i" is lame but what else would you call a kart racer with Original App Store Characters.

Wouldn't it be fun racing with app store characters and shooting missiles at a Pymgy for all you pocket god haters.

By original App store Characters I mean only Characters that FIRST appeared in the App Store. So no Worms, no Hero of sparta, No Cooking mama.

Anyways, I hope this gets enough attention that this game will actually be made. =]
    But there is low chance. D:

2. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    At first I actually though that KrazyKarts is a clone of KartRacer.
    I seriously love that game. I'm not sure why they took it off for the USA, but I would honestly pay $20 for it.

3. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    It's a nice idea, I just highly doubt that it would ever happen.

4. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    That's one of the better ideas I've heard in a while. I think the biggest problem to get this off the ground would be profit sharing. Nobody wants to make a game and only get 35% for it, especially in a market that promises nothing for polish and hard work.

It helps if you own all the games the characters are in (Shrek Kart, Mario Kart, etc.), since one company gets all the profit.

5. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    If it had a Compton Kitty rollin' in a 67 Eldorado, I'd buy it in a second.

6. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    yes lol this would be awesome!
    all of those characters are from small and community driven devs, so im sure they would go along with it. all they would have to do is give the creator of this game the rights, and the model of their character and watch the money roll in without having to do anything :)

7. Justinth

Justinth Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Just tell em they would trick the cart out with the original app as it's sponsor :D

8. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

I think more like 1-2% of the profit would be more reasonable. The fieldrunner would have to have that red car thing they drive in the game. This idea would be even better if somebody made like a super smash bros with those characters

9. $h!tB4G!4L!F3

$h!tB4G!4L!F3 Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Dude. That would be so f***ing AWESOME.

10. Kiwii

Kiwii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    In the first post I said I wasn't sure how the money would be spilt and I said they could share the % if they wanted to. Cause Pocket god has Doodle Jump and Harbor Master in their game for free. So maybe the game can get the developers character for free and have the characters advertise their game when you choose your racer.

Like if you slide to choose a kart, above the kart would be logo for the game and if you click it it'll ask if you want to leave the app. Then it'll take you to the App Store.

11. kuler51

kuler51 Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    GENIUS! I would pay for that game!!!

12. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    I would buy this game straight away if this was made!

13. saintsalive

saintsalive Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Playing pocket god! Oh, and other games.
    Pygmy Island
    Me too - someone needs to make this, it would sell like CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!

14. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    you know if that was actually gonna be made i personally think mr papi should be in it. hes been in quite a few idevice games and the games are really good as well (except papicatch)

15. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    this would be an instant buy if it was made
    and maybe a grunts guy in a tank!:D

16. Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Slaving peon.
    Not here; not there; not anywhere!
    Actually, I don't think the idea is so far-fetched because it'd be good cheap advertising for those other games. Like those cross-character promotions that we've seen of late in various games. I would think it'd be quite possible, and it would be pretty cool. In addition, every character could get his own themed track. The possibilities...

17. Bluellama1

Bluellama1 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    We should get a slotz car as alts for each character (maybe even a slotz themed track)