When will there be a REAL basketball game?`

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by iPhoneGamr, Jun 30, 2009.

1. iPhoneGamr

iPhoneGamr Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Flick NBA is eh... decent at the most. Streetball is flat out horrible when will we see a true basketball game?!?!??!?!?!!?!?

2. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

hopefully EA will make one.. like they're making FIFA 10.

3. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    I heard EA is working on NBA Live 2010.

I think it's supposed to be released sometime this year.

4. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Probably during basketball season

5. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    How I WISH someone would port NBA Jam (the super nintendo version) to the Iphone. It would be perfect.
    Joystick on the left to move your player, tap to pass, slide upward and release at the right time to shoot.
    Oh and there would have to be a turbo/coloured shoes button ;)

6. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    While my favourite sport is football (the real one), i do badly want to play real football/x2 footbal quality basketball and ice hockey games on the iphone...should be awesome

Hopefully at least EA will do it

7. Squirt Reynolds

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Yeah, NBA Jam (SNES) would be awesome. That sounds like a good control scheme too. Maybe a shoot button though, cuz i think having to swipe would get in the way of the game at times.

If i'm not mistaken, Midway made NBA Jam and they're now bankrupt and getting bought out by Warner Bros. or something. Maybe we could try to get them to port the game over to the iDevice somehow. You know it would cost them next to nothing to port it, and they'd make a bundle cuz you know it would sell. 

8. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

I've been wondering bout that too for a longgg looongggg time ..okay only since i bought my iphone 3G last october. But, still. It's a lonnggg loonggg time to wait for a tru basketbal game on the iphone!

I mean, there's soccer, football n baseball already!

:mad::(:D:rolleyes::):cool:

9. hawks12thman

hawks12thman Well-Known Member

Streetball isn't bad, it's the closest thing to a full basketball simmer on the iPhone/iPod Touch. There's a Lite version, you might want to check that out.

10. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    hopefully we will get a good hockey game before basketball, since basketball is the worst and most boring sport in the world(besides golf, but golf is at least fun to play)

11. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    basketball isn't fun to play? I vote for golf as the worst sport.

12. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    someone got picked last alot during p.e. =(

13. Squirt Reynolds

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    That's a little ridiculous, stating that like it's a fact. Personally, i love basketball and i think hockey SUCKS ASS, but i still wouldn't call it the "worst" sport in the world.

Anyway, this is a thread about a BASKETBALL game. Why did you even post that in here?

14. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    i posted it here because we don't need a basketball game its lame, its the stupidest sport, it takes no skill at all, you sit there shooting a ball into a whole, and hockey doesn't suck ass? i don't think anything really sucks ass. that's just wrong.and i didn't get picked on during p.e. i was off playing hockey and not being some drug addict, wife abuser, gang member playing basketball, but whatever its a basketball thread.so im done here.have fun with your stupid sport

15. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    this guy is the dumbest guy ever. basketball is like the 2nd or 3rd most played sport in the world. hockey is like under my ass. and u dont just stay there and shoot. in hockey u just stand and hit a dam round black circle crap. if i didnt like basketball i wouldnt even of read this thread. but u are just plain stupid. u probably cant even pick up a backetball.

16. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Lurk more instead of posting.

17. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

[​IMG]

18. Moonmist

Moonmist Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    hahahaha he said basketball takes no skill. I'll bet he couldn't even make 3 out of 10 foul shots. but then everyone should be able to make 10 out of 10 if there is no skill involved ;)

19. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    i find this comment very offensive

20. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    EA isn't releasing it anymore.

Link

But then again, Star Trek and American Idol were both released so I'm not sure if they don't plan on releasing NBA Live '10 either. Hopefully, they will! :D