Natural Born Soldier - MULTIPLAYER FPS with unique feature 3D face customization!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dontonka, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontonka

dontonka Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Indie Game Developer (www.naturalbornsoldier.com)
    Montreal, Canada
    Hello TouchArcade folks,

Final stretch to release Natural Born Soldier :). Still in BETA testing with Erlibird community and polishing the game, I like good quality, I don't want a game that will keep crashing I guess you either :D lol.

The game will be free for a while (no ads, no in-app, nothing lol) until having a good user base, if this happen hahaha lol. Even if I don't earn a centime at the end, I hope some people like the game, at least for me it is an amazing experience for my first game.

[​IMG]

2. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
  3. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
  4. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
  5. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
  6. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    Just quick heads up on the key features Natural Born Soldier is providing:

• Fast paced action shooter, with realistic mechanics.
    • Push the player customization to another level for mobile, you can customize your 3D character with your own face, avatar or anything you want!
    • Multiplayer focus, 5 game modes, 11 weapons (4 basics, 7 to be unlocked, not Pay to Win, but Skill to Win :))
    • Nice game selection and voting.
    • Friends and leaderboard.
    • Fair game-play.
    • Easy, intuitive and customization controls. (MFi controller supported!)
    • Stable, and reliable servers (Photon Cloud, region based for optimal network performance)

I'm currently looking up into improving the Friends feature so that you receive a Push notification or SMS oran Email when your friend just login into the game and start playing, do you guys think this is good idea :)?

Cheers,
    Eric

7. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I don't know if I'm allowed to say anything but I tested the game on erlibird, would you mind if I post my positive thoughts on it?

8. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    Yes JCman of course go ahead, as long as there is more positive than negative I'm fine with it :p hahahaahah lol.

AND THANKS FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION MAN. I think you didn't really get how to properly set your picture if I remember you properly, you could have pinch and drag your picture to be nicer :), next time sir.

Cheers,
    Eric

9. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    #9 JCman7, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    Lol of course and I have mostly nice things to say anyway. Yeah I just used a picture I already had so I didn't have one to fit properly on there the mouth and eyes didn't fit in the guidelines! I was more excited about getting into the game then getting my picture right ;)

But the game is really fun and I hope everyone gives it a try when it comes out. The maps are great lots of details and I love the variety of modes especially protecting or killing the wolf. I'm impressed with the game it's very fun! It's in beta so can't really judge it fully especially with the bugs that you will fix. Hope the test helped you with some info. I did mention in my feedback I was concerned with the photo upload feature I just hope people don't get inappropriate. It's a really cool feature and I don't want people to ruin it for others.

Also did you work on this game by yourself? I give you a lot of credit if so seems like a ton of work went into it.

10. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    Hey JCman, yes sir I did work alone on Natural Born Soldier :), it's +2 years part time passionate work, a long journey :D. I'm glad you did enjoy the BETA session.

Cheers,
    Eric

11. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Wow that's incredible! I wish you much success when the game launches!

12. meowthefox

meowthefox Active Member

Oct 13, 2014
    I like the idea of getting a notification if my friend gets on the game. Also you should have a way to make reserved spaces in case the game gets full really fast. And inviting too. I'd suggest setting it up so that you can play cross platform(if you are releasing it for android) because I'd like to play this game with my friend.

13. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    Any notification in particular you would prefer (Push, email or SMS)? I assume Push would be a better fit, but at the same time people might not allow it for some reasons.

Indeed, since the very beginning I've planned the game for multi platform, network engine wise, friends/leaderboars wise, etc. Android will definately come after iOS release :), it might be a bit delayed thought.

Cheers,
    Eric

14. freakernet

freakernet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    When this will be release ?

15. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    Hello Freakernet,

I'm still doing BETA testing. I was targeting September, but it might slip to October, I'll see how things goes. This is only for iOS, Android will come later on.

Cheers,
    Eric L.

16. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    Just completed a Report obscene picture feature, as most likely Apple will require it anyway, and that was pretty good feedback JCman, thanks. So player will be able to report obscene picture, and after human validation, those user will be banned.

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Eric

17. jetveetlev

jetveetlev Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Can't wait for the launch :)

18. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    Can't wait also to see how this going to be when it is publish :). Working hard fixing stuff :).

19. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    Working on translations on the side while fixing issues :D

[​IMG]

20. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    Hello guys, quick update on my game :).

I've been working hard on many features and bug fixes, but unfortunately, the game release will happen in October, not in September as planned. The final candidate might be completed for September, but Apple might take 9 days to review it. Next week I will have most likely a final BETA session with ErliBirds community (@Stephan0711: I'll invite you no worries :)).

Here are 2 screenshots from my iPadMini, on more recent devices graphics looks better and clearer :p, but that's what I have tonight. I just added energy bar on enemy among a bunch of other things.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Eric