COD:Zombies "Kino der Toten" ???

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by weehoo, Mar 21, 2011.

1. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    #1 weehoo, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
    Yes yes yes! Blah blah blah!

I'm sure I'll receive negative comments for asking such a question, but how far is Activision's head up its own arse? Where is "Black Ops Zombies" or when is it coming out? There is no news on this anywhere. This occurred to me when I was playing "Ascension" on PS3. It seems to me that this would be a gold mine, and I really don't want to hear "just be patient," anymore. Somebody around here has got to know something. Please, somebody take a risk and leak some golden goodness on us.

2. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Why would Activision spend months making maps when they don't even consider the iPhone a serious gaming platform? Would one more map really increase sales that much?

3. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    u have to realize that the gaming industry is all about profit now, for the majority of the big game studios if something doesnt bring in millions its not worth making.

4. paulm12

paulm12 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    school
    ummm Cali
    No, thats actually a good question. Kino was originally supposed to be released for WAW first anyways, it just was delayed until black ops because the pack's release was too close to the release of MW2. Furthermore, I'd like to know if Shi No Numa and Der Riese are coming out for iPad, as its been a while ;)

5. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about a new zombies map, but I will definitely leak some golden goodness on you.

6. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Ohhhhh

7. Leopard

Leopard Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Gaming
    Ukraine
    Black Ops maps (probably Five and Kino Der Toten) will be out March 26-30 for iPhone

8. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    That sounds like a golden shower of goodness. I hope this is a genuine shower, straight from the spout of truth itself (what?). My mind is above the clouds at the moment. Forgive me.

9. Leopard

Nov 12, 2009
    Gaming
    Ukraine
    I hope Black Ops map (probably only Kino der Toten) will be out March 2011!
    "What's new?":
    --New map "Kino der Toten"
    --Retina support for iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4 Generation
    --New icon
    --Improved gameplay
    --Bug and crashes fixed

10. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I would like to question the legitimacy of this comment.

11. Atischery

Atischery Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    What's the game actually about?

12. Leopard

Nov 12, 2009
    Gaming
    Ukraine
    Its FPS game. You must kill Nazi-zombies and dogs. :D

13. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    THIS SHOULD SUM IT UP!

It is a mobile version of the "Zombies" mode in Call of Duty WAW and Call of Duty Black Ops. You play as 1 of 4 survivors against never-ending waves of Nazi/Japanese/Russian-"laboratory created" zombies/monkeys/hell-hounds. As you progress through the waves, the zombies grow in numbers and become more resilient to firepower. There are different areas to unlock and many weapons to choose from, but the key to surviving longer is gaining access to the mystery box (a weapons cache that randomly selects better/worse guns for the exchange of experience points earned) which can significantly aid in the slaughter. There are also perk-machines that grant specialties like, faster reloading, or increased damage intake, as well as an upgrade machine which alters the firepower of your weapons.

Despite being a mini-game in console/PC versions of Call of Duty, there is an incredibly sophisticated story behind these zombie invasions that would get any conspiracy theorist's panties wet, including mysterious easter eggs, crashed meteors, government secrecy, and hints on new maps with GPS coordinates, etc, etc., the list goes on and on. Although some would disagree with me, it really is one of the best co-op/survival experiences on any system, and to be honest, was the one wish I had for iOS that came true back in 2009 after I got my iphone 3GS (iphone4 now). The iphone version of COD:Zombies is relatively old, and better controlling/looking games (MC2-gameloft) have entered the market since then. With all that being said, it is still my favorite FPS-game in the app-store, despite my wish for "Modern Combat" controls.

14. Leopard

Nov 12, 2009
    Gaming
    Ukraine
    Today is Saturday and i think update will be out... :)

15. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    I thought it was all just a rumor that got out of hand, but i do hope they release kino or 5 since i've gotten bored with it.

16. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
  17. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    It's an obvious fake because why would he go onto 'camera reel' to prove it, and not run it on the actual app!?

18. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    He said it was a "leaked image" but yea it's fake.