NOVA 3 - Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lord-sam, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #1 lord-sam, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    NOVA 3 has been announced. It is built using Gameloft's in-house engine - not the Unreal engine. But as everyone says - who cares what it uses if it looks that good?

File Size 1.9GB

[​IMG]

Official Trailer:

Slightly longer trailer!

Multiplayer Trailer

The 10 levels of the single player campaign should last around 5 hours on hard or difficult mode

Gameloft have not chosen to go the freemium route with N.O.V.A. 3. And while there is some evidence of in-app purchasing available, it’s not required to finish the game. Instead, it is for those who get stuck and wish to add additional armour, grenades, claymors (though you can pick some of these items up as you progress) to give you a boost

Multiplayer: there are six game modes in all, across six maps. More importantly, they’ve upped the player count to 12.

However, the gameplay is still very much in the same vein as Quake 3 arena or Unreal Tournament, with random weapon spawn points giving it a faster and more hectic experience.

New to multiplayer are vehicles. There have been vehicles present in the single player campaign, but never in the multiplayer too. Here you’ll be able to jump into an armoured buggy – in either the driving position, or jump on the back to man the gun. But, by far the coolest vehicle we saw, was the Mech – a big two-legged machine that looked a cross between a Scout-Walkers from Jedi, and the mechs in Avatar. Unfortunately we couldn’t grab any footage, or images of that in action… but we can’t wait to get our hands on one. And finally, jet packs are also available. I can’t wait to snipe some of you guys out of the sky!

2. Creamer2010

Creamer2010 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Poland
  3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Hoping for the best. I want another MC3, not something like DH3.

4. lord-sam

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Couldn't agree more! They claim it's a 'Blockbuster' so I'm pretty hopeful it's the former.

5. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    iphone 4/4s/ipad 2/3 for sure!

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yay! NOVA 3 from Gameloft! Another lousy freemium title!

7. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    If this goes freemium Im gonna be really pissed. I remember a day where game loft games were the games to get on the AppStore. Now there just crap

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#8 Sanuku, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
  9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    ^That's a little too far, heh.

10. lord-sam

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, because don't forget you get charged per weapon and per bullet... :p

11. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    #11 rhljk14, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    I would be really surprised if NOVA 3 was freemium. Modern Combat 3 was not and it was released when they already started their freemium experiment. Gameloft has already apologized for DH3 and made it clear that they will continue to release premium titles; as well as paymium and freemium, also stating that they have learned valuable lessons. NOVA is arguably one of their most popular games; with the DH3 reception, I would be downright shocked. I wouldn't doubt the possibility of freemium gambles with some of the upcoming titles; such as the Avengers, Men in Black III, The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man, Assassin's Creed or My Little Pony. Gameloft has stated that they intend to release as many titles as last year; they releases 18 the second half of the year. Also, there are the games to be released with the unreal engine; as far as I recall they weren't all cancelled.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=57247

Also don't know which titles will be on iOS yet.

12. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Personally Gameloft messed up so bad with dungeon hunter 3 no matter how much grovelling they do they won't get my custom back. The only apology for ruining dungeon hunter as far as I'm concerned would be to release a DH 4, make it premium with no IAP and then, only then a Jedi will Gameloft be.
    :D

13. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Same. Didn't really enjoy Nova 2 cause it was kind of boring but this might be better if it was like mc3.

Lol maybe use a better metafor next time? :p but yeah. Believe itll be premium.

14. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#14 Der-Kleine, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    They'd be missing out on all the kids like me who can only afford iPod Touches... (hey, there are alot of us!)

Still, I liked the music in NOVA 2, the 2 pieces I got with the gameloft christmas album in 2010 were actually pretty good.

I think I know what could make this game epic though: Multiplayer with vehicles!

15. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    VERY excited for this. The sequel was a bit of a let down, however the first game is still my favorite Gameloft game to ever be released, so I have hope in this being another ace shooter.

16. Manu3008

Manu3008 Active Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Yeah well I hope it works on itouch 4g we have the newest iPod but it's being treated like garbage :(

17. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    He simply found an image, yet you ask questions as if he is the developer.

18. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    It won't be freemium, it WILL be paidmium, chocked full of IAP goodness. (just watch)

19. 3mooonuel

3mooonuel Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    High school student
    Tamaulipas-Mexico
    Yea i'm sick of that .....

20. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Well before yesterday's release of SharkDash(non freemium game) I would've thought it might be freemium or whatever but now I can see it being the same as nova 2. Hopefully they still keep they're best games the same and learned from dh3.

I think they're probly going to release premium games along with freemium and whatever else I guess to see what is best for them or if they care about fans at the cost of money or whatever this is all about..

Now that Rockstar is producing games for iOS they have to be carefull not to loose there "hardcore" fans...