Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-15-2014, 11:51 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansheinen View Post
I wonder if there's any way to figure out if there are any plans to update this app or SFVolt? Control schemes, graphic updates, improved character roisters for Volt?

I don't get it. It's like the app is released, then forgotten. Maybe it doesn't make enough money. Anybody have any insight into app update processes from Capcom? I really like these games on iOS - it seems like such a shoddy job when it comes to tight controls or playability.
You'll be lucky...

Two of these games are over a year old, as CAPCOM haven't made any updates then (when these games were probably getting high usage)... I can't see them making them now.

The only game I thought had a chance of continued update is Volt, but even now I'm not holding my breath.

Me personally, I had hoped for an update to the roster list of SFxT .. as it hasn't happened, I hardly ever play it anymore. Last time I launched it was probably 6 months ago.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:14 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Disney purchased Marvel Comics in the past few years so acquired licenses for all Marvel content. Games like Marvel Vs Capcom 2 had a pre-existing license Disney is forced to honor, but once that license lapses there is speculation Disney is pulling in rights to Marvel game titles. There's nothing concrete about iOS titles but one can only wonder if the click is ticking on games like Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (Capcom), X-men (Konami), or Gameloft's Spider-man titles if not others. Also, for this reason I suspect there won't be many updates to these titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Informer
Activision has confirmed that Deadpool is gone for good. We've also learned that other titles have been removed from their respective digital delivery services.

Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Spider-Man: Edge of Time, X-Men: The Official Game, X-Men Destiny, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine have now been removed from storefronts. If you have a desire for any of these games, it's recommended that you secure a retail copy as soon as possible. It's likely that no additional copies will be entering retail channels...

...Marvel licenses have a tendency to make for time-limited offerings. Marvel Ultimate Alliance DLC is gone forever, and the digital versions of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 have been removed from Xbox Live and PSN.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...e-and-psn.aspx

Last edited by undeadcow; 01-15-2014 at 12:18 PM..
Old 01-15-2014, 12:40 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

It's not only that those Marvel games won't probably get an update, but also that there's a chance that they will be pulled in some time from the AppStore.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:01 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Disney purchased Marvel Comics in the past few years so acquired licenses for all Marvel content. Games like Marvel Vs Capcom 2 had a pre-existing license Disney is forced to honor, but once that license lapses there is speculation Disney is pulling in rights to Marvel game titles. There's nothing concrete about iOS titles but one can only wonder if the click is ticking on games like Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (Capcom), X-men (Konami), or Gameloft's Spider-man titles if not others. Also, for this reason I suspect there won't be many updates to these titles.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...e-and-psn.aspx
Yes I just looked up Marvel vs Capcom 2 online, and I found out they pulled it from the PSN in Dec. 2013. I'm glad to have Marvel vs Capcom 2 in the App Store and wished Disney would put these wonder games back in the gaming world. My homie just bought Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on PS3. I think the only way to get games or unlock extra content is to hack your PS3 or Xbox360. This is crap people are forced to do this when games shouldn't be pulled that people like.

Also that would be cool if Zen Pinball made a Marvel vs Capcom version for the consoles/iOS.

Anyone in this forum feel me?
Old 04-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrown519 View Post
Yes I just looked up Marvel vs Capcom 2 online, and I found out they pulled it from the PSN in Dec. 2013. I'm glad to have Marvel vs Capcom 2 in the App Store and wished Disney would put these wonder games back in the gaming world. My homie just bought Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on PS3. I think the only way to get games or unlock extra content is to hack your PS3 or Xbox360. This is crap people are forced to do this when games shouldn't be pulled that people like.

Also that would be cool if Zen Pinball made a Marvel vs Capcom version for the consoles/iOS.

Anyone in this forum feel me?
I would like to see marvel vs capcom 3 on ios with ios 7 joystick support
Old 04-08-2014, 05:17 PM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
MvC3 is way too big.

I would rather 3s, any alpha game or xvsf with online play
Old 04-08-2014, 06:27 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

+1 for online play!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:01 PM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmilan View Post
+1 for online play!
Yep pretty much anything with online play would be awesome.

I'm surprised with all the versions of Sf2 available, there's no online play
Old 04-25-2014, 04:48 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Yes me 2 man. I would love to see all the Marvel vs Capcom titles for iOS with controller support.

Has anyone used any of the jailbreak to play games like Marvel vs Capcom 2 with a Bluetooth controller?