Dev's Look here! Free music*

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by 1337brian, Jan 11, 2009.

1. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    #1 1337brian, Jan 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
    Hey dev's, I have a proposition for you all... My brother writes music and I think he is amazing... He writes electronic type music that I think would be awesome for some games, (racing, fighting, etc...) even menu music for some apps. Anyways I am just asking any of you that would like to use his music in a game or app and we think it would be a good fit. All he wants is for you to put his name (katun 4) somewhere in the app i.e. the info section... Anyways here is a link to his myspace http://www.myspace.com/katun4 You can hear his music here...

If you like his music and think that you would like to work with him for some free music for your app please PM me and I will get back to you. Thanks again! :)

P.S.- Keep in mind you may not use his music without permission from him first...

2. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    seems like a heck of a deal. im still learning the coding but i'll keep this in mind

3. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Sweet danny, I appreciate it! Did you listen to the tracks? What did you think if you don't mind me asking?...

4. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    no i did not listen; kinda busy now. but i will post feedback later. this was the main question i had. i was wondering what music and sounds i would use if i made my game. but it will take time before i learn the coding. the problem is i have everything i need for my game; but need to learn 3d game engine language and iphone sdk language

5. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Very cool, well thanks again, and I'm interested to hear your feedback!

6. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    k. i dont have speakers now so i have to wait till get home.

7. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I just wanted to add, After talking with my bro, He is also willing to custom write for an app or game, plus the music he has on his page is just a sampling, he has a ton of more written music...

8. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Interesting. That style of music could work in a sci fi themed adventure or interactive fiction game. It doesn't suit a game where things move quickly. Musically it could use more refinement, but it's on the right track. "Cesspool" might be the most underrated track of the bunch, eerie ambiance to percussion accented melody, but the melody repeating every 3 bars instead of 4 threw me off. The opening melody in "Metis" is unusual, probably throwing off most listeners, but it can grow on you.

I was actually surprised not to hear any glitch used. ;)

9. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Cool thanks for the feedback, Most of the tracks on his site are more ambient, but there are plenty of "fast paced" songs that would fit some other styles (i.e. racing games) that he has as well... But once again i do appreciate your honest and candid feedback and if you are looking for a certain style or song, not just ambient/electronic he does a lot like piano and other stuff... Just let us know! :)