Support our Sponsors:

Old 06-07-2014, 01:42 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomation View Post
Never tried spiderman: total mayhem. Is it still worth buying?
As far as the game itself goes, then yes, it's a terrific game. However, I recently redownloaded it, and much to my dismay, I found that there was no sound anymore. I remember that this issue existed at the launch of iOS 7, but I thought it had been fixed with a recent update, but I guess I thought wrong... Anyway, it's still a great game, but if the sound thing would bug you, now you know what to expect.

I'm definitely interested in the game's premise, since, apart from Batman and a few others, Spider-Man is the one comic book character that could justify a game centered around alternate versions of him (it's not for nothing that Marvel's Spider-event of the year, Spider-Verse, has pretty much that same premise), even though most of the alternate costumes of Spidey shown on that trailer aren't necessarily alternate versions of him, but rather different outfits that he wore at different periods of his "career" (the Future Foundation uniform, the Captain Universe uniform, the Big Time green one. Only the two Scarlet Spiders - Kaine and Ben - can be considered different characters). Spider-Man's particular power set might lend this endless runner - a genre that's been, pardon the pun, run to the ground lately - a different flavor, so it's got that going for it too.

However, and I hate to keep harping on this point, my acquiring this game at this point hinges on it having a constant requirement like other GL games: I realise it's probably Gameloft's policy at this point to include this requirement with any future games, and I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment here by hoping that this will be playable offline, but yeah, can't really justify the purchase (or download if it turns out to be F2P) if that's in there. Just my two cents...

I'll definitely be on the lookout for any news this week during E3!
Old 06-18-2014, 02:09 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Am i the only one excited for this? Sure i'd prefer a brawler or even an arpg spin on spiderman, but we're currently on a huge drought on good runner games.

Iron-man 3 had great runner gameplay, same with Minion Rush. They even changed ironman3 to significantly balance the game.

Crossing fingers the balance on im3 already exists here. This looks good imo.
I was finally able to get some extended time with the game at E3 and I honestly think the game is balanced and brings a good mixture of elements to the runner genre. It's not just another Minion Rush, it brings a lot more to the table.

Between the collecting of suits, events, story mode, leveling up, etc. this game could keep me busy for a really long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste86uk View Post
I'm wondering how the episodic content will come in and if they will even comitt to that or if it's dependant on sales. I like games that are online or get a lot of love in updates to keep me occupied.
From what I've seen the game has got a lot of content planned in the long run, so it should be able to keep you occupied. I also like the fact that we are keeping a cool comic book vibe with the game.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:37 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 5.x

Has anything been said regarding a potential constant online connection requirement? I've done my best to read every preview/E3 report, but none of them mentioned anything regarding it...
Old 07-21-2014, 08:44 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Do we have any news on this release? A date maybe?
Old 07-21-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Do we have any news on this release? A date maybe?
September (to match with Spidey-verse un comics) freemium game.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerc View Post
Has anything been said regarding a potential constant online connection requirement? I've done my best to read every preview/E3 report, but none of them mentioned anything regarding it...
I think gameloft are going all out with online connections but they did remove it on the other Spider-Man.....I think captain America would do better without it too.

Just puts so many people off,
Old 07-22-2014, 01:29 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Die runners/match3/on-rails and other crappy lazy genres, DIE!
Old 07-22-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Nihilus View Post
Die runners/match3/on-rails and other crappy lazy genres, DIE!
Generally they are and only two ever kept my attention for a while, I'll still try this but never hold my hopes up for a runner type.