Universal Knights of Pen & Paper - (by Behold Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Oct 31, 2012.

1. eluros

eluros Member

Nov 6, 2012
    After you've beaten the "final" boss, launch the campaign again and look for someplace on the map with a gold star. That's where things continue. :D

Found a "Four Ring" on a Black Dragon today; whoohoo!

2. Ajohnson1

Ajohnson1 Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    that's awesome. i've been farming full packs of lvl 30s for the gold and occasional item drops. but i might switch to black dragons if the drops are better. how much gold do you get per kill? full groups of missing nos get me about 125 per battle.

3. eluros

eluros Member

Nov 6, 2012
    If memory serves, a Black Dragon drops ~$20 per kill. However, the best thing to do would be to time it and figure out the gold per minute.

Considering a cost of a "Four Ring", however, as well as the speed at which I can kill them, I'd say that Black Dragons are looking to be a better bet for now.

4. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Wow you guys are really hardcore, farming till lvl50... . I'm just taking my sweet time doing all the quests bit by bit edging closer towards the big one.

5. eluros

eluros Member

Nov 6, 2012
    No need to be level 50. I've finished all the quests but the uber-boss, so even though I'm only level 34 across my toons, the level 50 black dragons are the best place to grind (that I know of).

That being said, new content is supposedly coming soon. Looking forward to it. :D

6. TheMilkMan

TheMilkMan New Member

Nov 8, 2012
    The barbarian skill "berserker" makes me take 100% of my attack whenever i attack a monster. Does increasing the skill makes me receive less damage?

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    ?

Just picked this up what a awesome game, is there going to be iphone5 support soon? Also anyone have any tips on how to get more classes or what classes are good for a party? Is it the normal dps, tank, and healer type? Any help is appreciated.

8. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    question to all: so basically everytime a new class unlocks, you guys delete a player, then buy him again with a new class and start from level 0?

9. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    What would be a solid team to use for end-game purposes with developer or regular characters? I'd rather switch now and start leveling them. I got the Dev guy w/ crit ans threar as a Berserker and a Woolfie Warrior and E.T. Mage I'll probably want to swap. Suggestions of good class/character combos please? I also got about 11 four rings ready.

10. eluros

eluros Member

Nov 6, 2012
    I certainly don't, myself. I have my original save, and a save in which I tried out the unlockable classes. I overwrote it once I figured out the party I wanted. My strongest party, though, only uses characters from the original.

If a patch was released that allowed you to keep levels but pay a bunch of gold to swap toons, I certainly have a change I'd make, but overall the original array works pretty well.

11. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    Oh, ok. I thought i was doing something wrong ^_^
    I think I'll just wait for the fix. Pretty annoying having a mighty blow which is not mighty at all :D

12. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Are you AoE grinding? Between levels 31 and about 35/36, I got the best bang for my buck grinding on the soldiers in the temple southwest of the phoenix cave. They're level 29...no stun effects...one occasional weakening effect. It took me about 50% longer to grind down seven of them than it did to kill the black dragon. And I was getting nearly 3x as much gold and more than twice as much experience ($116 and 11500 xp, if I remember right).

13. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    why does everyone think the game has to be fair? every game does not have an easy mode button.

14. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    #354 starcat, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    the game is fine.. play it and please stop ruining it for other people.

15. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    There are a number of different options which can work. Note that I haven't used the shaman or necromancer yet, so I don't know how effective they are. I really think that the most important thing is to get a useable tank. You can use a paladin; you might also be able to work it with the knight. The reasoning is that it's been reported that a single attack can do 450 damage. You have to be able to survive that -- and only a holy shield or a defensive attack (whatever it's called) will allow a character to do that. I would personally choose the paladin, because his threat is static, whereas the knight requires a skill to increase his.

Healer is next. You either have to have an AoE heal or all the rest of your characters have to be able to heal themselves, as there's an AoE attack that does 160-170. When it comes to AoE healing, cleric is ostensibly the best. But, in fact the bard is better. he gets an initial effect upon a cast plus his tick at the beginning of every character's turn. So, if you're casting it every turn, you get 2 ticks every turn...which is better than the single cast by the cleric. However, the cleric has a stronger direct heal.

There's some room in DPS for creativity. I personally think that the hunter and mage do the most damage -- the hunter because heart strike scales well at high levels and because he has 2 passive abilities which increase damage. The mage's fireball scales the same at level 1 as it does at level 30. It's pretty incredible. As for others, the rogue's damage scales pretty well. His passive damage increase is weak, however. On the other hand, double attack is really good. And if you have a good amount of MP regen, you can cast it every turn with no worries. The barbarian has the best passive abilities in the game. Unfortunately, he has no direct skill which does damage. I expect that, at the very end, he can be outdamaged by a rogue (although, don't quote me on that).

I'm currently using paladin/bard/hunter/mage/rogue

You can't really stack hunters or mages because heart strike and fireball effects don't stack. I would definitely go paladin/bard/hunter/hunter/hunter if they did. So, I think I would keep my group as is. I'd like to hear about others' experiences with the other classes, though.

I'll be giving my first real attempt at the final final boss later tonight when I get home. I've grinded up to level 38 and 8 "the four rings." So, I might come back, needing to ammend a lot of this.

16. eluros

eluros Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Interesting idea! Experiment time...

Group Composition: 34 Paladin, 34 Cleric, 35 Druid, 34 Rogue, 34 Wizard (Fireball/Passive Spec)
    (Basically, a single-target destruction group, no AOE whatsoever, although CC options with the Druid).

Black Dragon:
    Time to Kill: 2 minutes, 42 seconds
    Experience: 3150
    Experience/Second: 19.444
    Gold: 20
    Gold/Second: 0.1234

7x Mountain Soldier
    Time to Kill: 3 minutes, 37 seconds
    Experience: 8184
    Experience/Second: 37.7143
    Gold: 50
    Gold/Second: 0.2304

The Catch: For Gold/EXP, 7x Mountain Soldiers is better by far (good call!). The catch is that the Black Dragon has a chance to drop "The Four Ring", which sells for 1500 gold. Let's say that it drops 1/35 times (which seems about right for my experience). That means an extra 1500 gold every 35 tries, or an extra .2646 gold per second. That's extremely substantial.

Thus, unless you're already decked out with The Four Ring in all desired slots on all your toons, I think that Black Dragons are substantially (.388 gold/sec instead of .23 gold per second) better for gearing up than Soldiers. However, if you're leveling, soldiers are substantially better.

Thoughts? Everyone agree? Something else you'd like me to try for apples to apples comparison?

17. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I really appreciate your help dude. This game has been a blessing since I still have no power after Hurricane Sandy and this is easy on my 5s battery and keeps me sane.

What characters would you use for those classes? Like the Pally and Hunter? I'm going to keep my Dev Zerk with the crit/threat guy and my E.T. Mage. Then I'm not sure about my 5th slot

18. Ajohnson1

Ajohnson1 Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    #358 Ajohnson1, Nov 8, 2012
    my farming group is aoe-based. so right now, i'm doing groups of 6 normal monsters plus 1 epic monster. I average about 170 per battle, depending on the epic bonus. takes about 60-70 seconds per battle. if i was playing non-stop, that's about 9k per hour. :D

the highest level full group is in the All Seeing Eye Castle - 6 Missing No's and 1 Iron Maiden. they're all lvl 30.

but i prefer being at the Wizards of the East Coast (i love the MTG reference) so i can have a place to sell stuff quickly. there you can fight 6 Missing No's and 1 Void Elemental, which is a 29 epic.

19. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    #359 pixelchild, Nov 8, 2012
    starcat, thanks for the reply. i am not asking for an easy button. i am asking if it were possible in the mechanics for the game to be able to swap people in and out without having to start from zero penalty.

i haven't played that much into the game, only six or seven hours thus far. the issue i had is that characters you swap in after a new class is opened up goes back down to zero and therefore has to be leveled up from the ground up and is disproportionately leveled to the other in your party.

so basically if we have an issue with the game and we bring it up we are ruining it for other people?

if a game can be improved or if i have a suggestion, i will say it. if anything it's more a compliment to the game because i would want it to improve if possible.

respectfully, pixelchild.

20. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    wait, wait, wait. sell stuff? tell me that i haven't been trashing everything in my stash for no reason.

*edit: also, @ eluros -- 1/35 is really overdoing those odds. I've killed the black dragon over 100 times now, and i haven't gotten one. I think you're probably looking at something in the 1/100 or higher range.